Beto Pays. Donald does not

and a year from now El Paso will still be trying to get Trump to cough up for services rendered.

Allan

Are you sure it’s services rendered? Why are you so quick to judge?

"Since 2015, the Trump Campaign has held nearly 550 rallies all over the country, and this invoice is roughly 10 times the amount that a locality generally asks to be reimbursed," Michael Glassner, chief operating officer with the Trump Campaign, told ABC News. "We are reviewing it."

I would say that this has the appearance of a gouging and should be reviewed. Yes?

How long should an audit take? Two months and counting?

Allan

It depends on how much cooperation they are getting from the city. Have they provided all of the information requested? Have past events of this magnitude in the city been billed at the same rate? Were they given a quote? If so was the quote exceeded? Sometimes governments are not very forthcoming when challenged. If not, then how long do you think it should take?

I can almost guarantee that they never had a trump style campaign rally in their city.

How do you know ahead of time what is needed. I imagine the Secret service gives the city the specs that are needed and the city provides those services.

for Beto “parade” the city required a deposit.

with Trump’s rally they did not.

Allan

Whataboutwhataboutwhatabout

Pay up President Chump

Neither one of us has enough information to make that call. The Trump campaign has been to hundreds of places. Why are they only picking on poor El Paso? Maybe they are getting gouged?

Now that is funny.
I will agree that they should question those charges. But I am sure that there is some justification as there must be more security for the POTUS then a candidate.

Even if the candidate’s rally was bigger than the President’s?

Yup. Consider that local PD is used to check and secure buildings along the president’s route from the airport. Manhole covers along the route must be welded shut. Traffic on side streets has to be stopped at least two blocks from the route. Not to mention the security at the site. Metal detectors and bag checks have to be done. In short, the local PD is heavily involved when a president visits.

So 20x the cost is the norm for presidential visits? You know this?

If you read my previous post I said that they were justified to question those charges. They absolutely should be provided a detailed description of each one. Based on the article I think the city is trying to stiff them.

So yes then. I’m right.

Trump is a con man. El Paso law enforcement that protected him will probably never get paid for their services.