Beto O'Rourke drops out of presidential race

I’m sorry he’s doing this. I hope he decides to run for Senate, even though the Times says he isn’t considering it. Wonder if there’s a VP role in his future. He sent a message to his supporters.

In that message, a draft of which was reviewed by The New York Times, Mr. O’Rourke said he was proud of championing issues like guns and climate change but conceded that his campaign lacked “the means to move forward successfully.”

“My service to the country will not be as a candidate or as the nominee,” he said.

He was certainly better than the Republican running.

1 Like

This was inevitable.

He’s spent more money on two failed campaigns in less time than anyone in history.

His only contribution has been to sew disruption and discontent.

The only truth in your post is the first sentence. He didn’t catch on as he did with the Senate campaign.

As far as the last two, Trump’s got him beat by a mile for both the money and the disruption. Two miles, actually. Especially the disruption and discontent.

It was inevitable because he is a ■■■■■■■ moron.

6 Likes

He didn’t “catch on” with ■■■■■ Without Hollywood money and Cruz’ loss of manhood he would have 5th in a two man race.

He’s a privileged punk.

1 Like

Well since Ted Cruz just barely eked out a win against this moron in solidly red Texas, I suppose we can conclude that Cruz is not much more than a moron.

2 Likes

Good.

1 Like

Keep reading.

Certainly didn’t keep Donald from the Oval Office.

2 Likes

Trump is a lot of things, moron ain’t one of them.

3 Likes

For all your championing of bothsiderism, I’m amazed you can post this with a straight face. EVERY politician at this level is a privileged punk, including the POTUS we both agree is an utter idiot.

1 Like

My mistake - you’re on record calling Donald an idiot, not a moron.

Discontent lol…nobody really paid him any mind…even on guns he dodnt get any traction. If you got bent out of shape over him talking about it while nobody else cared then you are a loser. ( general you not directed at poster.)

Beto is a good, decent guy. Hope his focus now is to turn Texas blue.

2 Likes

His Icarus-like flapping carried him nowhere near the sun.

What a ■■■■■■■ waste of greenhouse gases.

BYE!

1 Like

I’ve been saying from the start that he was a poor candidate and didn’t have a chance.
I hope we never hear from him again. Let him flap away into the sunset.

I doubt he’ll be going away. He got a lot of votes in the 2018 election.

Anyone in history??

He was a white male. That wont work in 2020

1 Like

It was a little too early for him to run for president. Give him time.