Besides Tax Cuts For The Wealthy - What major domestic thing has trump accomplished?

I understand perfectly.

You want to give Obama credit for something he did but cannot name the way he did it. it’s just in the charts, somehow.

I want to give Trump credit for something he did and I named that way he did it, despite the fact that it’s much harder to do at this point.

M

I have asked, and several times.

M

I already told you what he did multiple times.

Its been answered multiple times beyond the charts. Stimulus package, auto bailout, new home buyer credits, just a few off top my head. Stabilized economy. Then let it do its thing. Of course, you guys get handed 4.8% unemployment and deficit under control, bliw up the deficit, blow up spending, 3.8% unemployment and here you are pounding your chest. Anything for lord hot stuff

Yes, you told me he did the Stimulus, principally, but that was temporary government MAKE-WORK and a failure, at that, wasting billions and he knows it. That did nothing to create permanent private-sector, full-time jobs.

You also said he was responsible - somehow - for the deficit being reduced. Even if we give him credit that belongs to Congress, that does NOT create jobs.

I mentioned that Obamacare was HORRIBLE for small business in that it restricted how many people they could employ and how long they could actually work, each week, before it cost the business a lot of money. Not exactly pro-growth!

I also mentioned that far from helping business, he actually set out - loudly, by the way - to destroy certain businesses and he regulated the living crap out of all businesses. He also did nothng to try to change the trade deficits we face and to try to entice businesses to return their overseas operations here.

The auto bail-out didn’t create jobs. It temporarily saved jobs but also allowed GM to NOT make the systemic changes they needed to make and we have seen the result. Those jobs he “saved” ended up lost, anyway - just down the line. And we all had to pay for that - not GM.

I’m sure business was thrilled to death that he couldn’t have a third term.

M

No. It was 30% tax cuts and spending to increase infrastructure construction.

Weird, and yet, he created more jobs than trump with smaller deficits in 2015 and 2016

Weird, and yet Obama had larger quarters of GDP growth than Trump and the GDP growth trends are the same.

It helped stop the bleeding from the recession which helped stabalize the economy to inject confidence in it.

Which led to one of the longest streaks of job growth in history, massive bull market, reduced deficits, and more.

Anything else you would like to fail at?

Nothing says fail like inheriting 4.8% unemployment, doubling the deficit to $1trillion and increasing spending back to 2009 levels, just to lower unemployment from 4.8% to 3.8% and then bragging about it.

Trends are your friends

Here’s your wonderful stimulus:

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2012/02/17/the-five-biggest-failures-from-president-obamas-stimulus-law

What a BUST!

And when you are in a hole it is EASY to show GDP growth. You virtually have nowhere else to go but up. Of course you have GDP growth, unless the recession is continuing and it wasn’t.

It’s HARDER to have GDP growth in a great economy, yet Trump has had it.

And this “stopped the bleeding” thing is NONSENSE. He didn’t stop anything. He delayed it until he was out of office and WE TAXPAYERS are the ones who paid for it.

Thanks a lot for the extra bill, Barack.

M

Yes. Trump inherited a great economy. And he’s riding on its coat tails. Except, he decided to double the deficit and increase spending back to 2009 levels. MAGA

:laughing:

The desperation you display

You are just throwing things at the wall now. No it isn’t hard to have the same gdp growth as your predecessor. The imagination on you

GDP growth while it comes off a baseline can grow exponentially. This is literally your worst

I’m saying the same things I have said from the start.

And they are just as right now as they were at the start.

M

Errr, your saying I’m “desperate” doesn’t make it so…you know that, right?

Show me the proactive things Obama did to make permanent, full-time jobs. I have already shown you the proactive things Trump did.

I have also shown you the policies Obama did that SLOWED the recovery to the slowest in our lifetimes.

Show me the Trump policies that slowed this current economy.

M

This is hilarious.

I can’t tell how often I heard from the left here before the election not to expect GDP growth, anymore, without a substantial growth in the population.

I kept saying they were wrong.

I guess I was right.

M

You heard two things from the left - that we are going to be in a recession as a result of the President policies. That was wrong and i disagrees with it. The other was that gdp growth is not going to exceed what it was. And guess what the President has yet to breach the 3 percent annual and has yet to exceed Obama’s highest quarterly.

1 Like

The FED.

When you get a Fed like Obama had you will exceed what it was.

M

Why would it take the Fed,when you have all this deregulation not to mention tax cuts?

Because business needs to borrow money - sometimes on a monthly basis - and when money is more expensive they choose to borrow less. That means they expand less or not at all and they hire less.

M

Except before the rateas were raised the economy still was not exceeding Obama’s numbers. But i respect you trying.

Actually, Trump had several great quarters in a row and then the Fed raised the rates even more and the trend slowed as a result.

Obama had almost ALL his quarters (2008 to 2015) with no interest rate at all, despite no inflation to speak of. He got a leg up Trump didn’t get.

Trump hasn’t had a single quarter without an interest rate and it has steadily gone up on him, all along.

M