Bernie: No teacher in America will make less than $60,000 per year

Majority of states already pay their teachers above 60,000 a year.
its just a few that don’t.

I said Congress not the President.
Congress can cut funding for anything they wish.

This isn’t about average teacher pay it’s about starting teacher pay.

1 Like

Actually not quite. You are skipping a lot of context there. There are rules to be followed…so no you cant just dismiss a teacher outright…

Its more complex than that

No they can’t they’ve been prevented from doing just that in the past.

Congress most certainly doesn’t “do it every day” as you claimed.

I said “for cause”, not “for any reason they chose”.

Their contracts have to be renewed every year and if they violate policy or law they can easily be yanked out of the classroom immediately under suspension pending dismissal.

“Congress can’t defend planned parenthood, because it would violate federal law”
If only Congress had the power to amend federal law allowing them to do that exact thing…

oh wait.

Were they able to do it? When were the funds cut off?

Who gives a ■■■■■

While its year to year it’s a little more contextual than your summary…

All they would need to do is amend the law protecting PP and allow themselves to restrict funding based on services provided.

Presumably he could just declare a state of emergency. That would provide him with access to all sorts of funding.

2 Likes

Stop making claims that are just false on their faces and you won’t have to keep trying to cover your tracks in such a manner.

All hail Bernie!!!

You completely avoided answering the question. Why is that?

Should work

Nothing I said is false.

Probation can be let go at any point
Year to year has some protection
Tenure has a lot and alot more difficult to fire.

These are facts

One can imagine many scenarios where a future Democrat president cites as precedent actions of D Trump during Trump’s presidency.

There is no tenure if you have a year to year contract and nobody said they can be fired for any reason or no reason at all.

They can easily be removed from the classroom and suspended pending termination for breech of contract or violations of school policy or law.

Only if one lives in a fantasy world.

Trump acted completely within the law.

That’s not what I said. Nobody is arguing that…