Being a fundamentalist Christian in 2020

Thanks for proving my point. Keep preachin’ - you don’t know anything about my beliefs. You’ve never asked.

I believe that prior to the flood, the earth wasn’t tilted on it’s axis. This would mean temperate climates, not the temperature extremes we have today. Also, it wasn’t necessary to have every distinct animal, only the archetype from which the distinct animals would come. I tend to think there were many animals on the ark that are long gone. It makes sense too that young animals rather than adults would have been brought onboard the ark. As for the gathering, God brought the animals, Noah didn’t go out and hunt them. Noah had 120 years to build the ark, plenty of time for preparations…

How would the distinct animals biologically arise from an archetype? Can you give an example of what an archetype might look like for a specific animal?

Uh, no. No tilt would result in the polar regions being extremely cold and the equatorial regions being extremely hot.

Not sure what sort of force and it’s effect on the earth to tilt the planet over 20 degrees in only 10,000 years.

No reply Alex?

As if you don’t write enough of your beliefs that you become your words.
Words and intention is karma. It’s cause.
Your replies on topics is always incongruous. You argue with the person on trifles and ignore content.

It’s ridicule attempts, passive aggressive braggadocio. Details mean nothing…

Can you conceive of a visionary experience at the moment of death?

Can you see any deeper symbolism in the imagery of Genesis 3?

Can you conceive of rebirth at some time after passing?

What, "knowledge of good and evil?

What draws you back to rebirth?

Not really, and I don’t know if archetype is the best word. What I mean is Noah wouldn’t have had to have every breed of dog or other animal. Some of the animals probably would have been the animals we recognize today, some wouldn’t. The estimates from the ark exhibit estimate their were about 7000 animals give or take…

I’ve heard and read some interesting theories. One theory Is that one or more of the other planets passed very close to Earth, which had very dramatic effects.

This thread is straight up bonkers.

3 Likes

A planet passing close enough to alter our tilt in the last 10,000 years would have very dramatic effects indeed and we would find abundant evidence of such an occurrence. We don’t find that evidence.

I wish there was something I could add here, but I can’t.

There is no common ground to even begin talking about science.

I accept the common peer reviewed method of science. I accept the basic scientific axioms and common theorems, as I learned them in public school and college and beyond.

If somebody doesn’t accept the general scientific method and basic axioms of science, it is not possible to hold a discussion. There has to be at least some common frame of reference to hold a meaningful discussion.

But I will continue to observe this thread.

4 Likes

I’m still trying to convince my wife God specifically said I rule over her.

2 Likes

How can one even attempt a reasonable adult conversation with someone who says “maybe the earth wasn’t tilted on it’s axis” or “the ark had 7000 animals on it”.

I used to believe the we lived on a young earth. I thought nothing was impossible with god. I’ve since turned 180 degrees on the topic. Doing research, field studies, calculations, led me to my personal conclusion that we’re on a very old earth, billions of years old. Dinosaurs didn’t live among men. It’s all in the rocks, the folds, the movement of various tectonic plates. Just need to use the brains. This image of folds takes billions of years to form with heat and pressure.

2 Likes

Oh dear

1 Like

Yes, meaning that you always put her and her welfare above your own. Her wishes come first. (Loving her above all else goes along with “ruling”…)

And Velikovsky’s book, Worlds in Collision, was reportedly on Albert Einstein’s nightstand when he passed on.

But you eat the apple anyway. So who’s the Boss?

I wondered if anyone would know who I was referring to… He was ridiculed, but I find his theories very interesting.