Being a fundamentalist Christian in 2020

That article just ridicules the idea but offers nothing but speculation, calling it a hoax with no proof. It limits itself to discussing the Stegosaurus, but there are many other examples as seen on the link I included, that shows a distant human memory of dinosaurs and dragons that can’t be explained away.

More on the Stegosaurus
https://www.genesispark.com/the-stegosaur-engravings-at-ta-prohm/

Michael Cremo believes humans have been around much longer than the standardized pabulum wants to admit. His books are meticulous.

Look at what the Pablum pushers did to Leakey and his Calico site. I’ve seen it myself. Spent days there. It’s totally real.

Pencil neck priests of Pablum science are not to be trusted.

At the very least there are astroarchaeology proofs in the Vedic histories clearly extending high civilization of humans predating the ice age and proving advanced astronomy and math including the understanding of precession.

And…Bone-heads (literally) have no concept of Akashic records.

Michael Cremo refutes Pencil Neck evolutionists

How did Noah get both arctic penguins and tropical, equatorial birds in the middle east??

The Vedic cosmology in Puranic scriptures elaborates on cycles of time. In this 13th Century, Japanese Buddhist writing This time period is discussed:

The Kalpa of Decrease

THE kalpa of decrease has its origin in the human heart. As the poisons of greed, anger, and foolishness gradually intensify, the life span of human beings gradually decreases and their stature diminishes.

Before the introduction of Buddhism in the lands of China and Japan, the non-Buddhist scriptures of the Three Sovereigns, the Five Emperors, and the Three Sages were used to bring order to the hearts of the people and govern the world. When the hearts of the people gradually diminished in good and grew adept at evil, it became impossible to restrain profoundly evil offenses because the wisdom of the non-Buddhist scriptures was shallow. Since the world was ungovernable with the non-Buddhist scriptures, the Buddhist scriptures were gradually introduced, and when they were used in governing, the world became tranquil. This was solely because the wisdom of Buddhism can fully elucidate the hearts of the people.

What are called “non-Buddhist writings” today differ in spirit from the original non-Buddhist scriptures. Although when Buddhism was introduced the non-Buddhist scriptures and the Buddhist scriptures vied with each other, in time the non-Buddhist scriptures were defeated, and the ruler and the people no longer made use of them. But as adherents of the non-Buddhist scriptures became followers of the Buddhist scriptures, and confrontations came to an end, these adherents extracted the essence of the Buddhist scriptures, increased their wisdom, and incorporated it into the non-Buddhist scriptures. Foolish rulers thought that this was actually the wisdom of the non-Buddhist writings.

Moreover, when good wisdom gradually diminished and evil wisdom surpassed it in people’s hearts, the rulers tried to govern society with the wisdom of the Hinayana sutras, which are also included among the Buddhist scriptures, but the world was not at peace. At that time, when the rulers spread the Mahayana sutras and used them to govern, order was somewhat restored in the world. After that, when the wisdom of the Mahayana teachings was no longer adequate, the wisdom of the sutra of the one vehicle was introduced and used to govern the world, and for a brief while the world was at peace.

The present age is such that neither the non-Buddhist scriptures, the Hinayana sutras, the Mahayana sutras, nor the one vehicle of the Lotus Sutra has any effect. The reason is that the enormity of the greed, anger, and foolishness in people’s hearts is equal to the superiority of the World-Honored One of Great Enlightenment in great good. To 1illustrate, in the keenness of its sense of smell, a dog is superior to a man. Moreover, in picking up the scent of birds and beasts, its nose is not inferior to a great sage’s supernatural power of smell. The owl’s keenness of hearing, the kite’s sharpness of eye, the sparrow’s lightness of tongue, and the dragon’s magnificence of body—all surpass even the faculties of a worthy. Thus, the extremity of greed, anger, and foolishness in people’s hearts in the impure world of the latter age makes it difficult for any worthy or sage to control.

This is because, though the Buddha cured greed with the medicine of the meditation on the vileness of the body, healed anger with the meditation on compassion for all, and treated foolishness with the meditation on the twelve-linked chain of causation, teaching these doctrines now makes people worse and compounds their greed, anger, and foolishness. For example, fire is extinguished by water, and evil is defeated by good. In contrast, however, if water is poured on fire that has emerged from water, it would be as if one had poured oil, producing an even greater conflagration.

Now in this latter, evil age, great evil arises less from secular wrongdoing than in connection with the doctrines of the religious world. When people today, who are unaware of this, endeavor to cultivate roots of good, events that lead to the ruin of the world occur all the more. Although superficially it may seem to be an act of good to provide support to the priests of the Tendai, True Word, and other schools of the present age, in reality it is a great evil surpassing even the five cardinal sins and the ten evil acts.

For this reason, in order that peace reign in the age, if a wise man existed in the world with wisdom like that of the World-Honored One of Great Enlightenment, and if he met with a worthy ruler like King Sen’yo; and if together they devoted themselves to putting an end to these acts of good and committed the great evil of censuring, banishing, cutting off alms to, or even beheading those persons of the eight schools who are thought to be men of wisdom, then the age may be pacified to some extent.

This is explained in the first volume of the Lotus Sutra where it says, “The true aspect of all phenomena can only be understood and shared between Buddhas.” In the phrase “consistency from beginning to end,” “beginning” indicates the root of evil and the root of good, and “end” indicates the outcome of evil and the outcome of good. One who is thoroughly awakened to the nature of good and evil from their roots to their branches and leaves is called a Buddha. T’ien-t’ai stated, “Life at each moment is endowed with the Ten Worlds.”

Chang-an stated, “The Buddha intended these as his ultimate teachings. How could they ever be easy to understand?”

Miao-lo added that “this principle is the ultimate revelation of his [T’ien-t’ai’s] final and supreme teaching.”

The Lotus Sutra states, “[The doctrines that they preach . . .] will never be contrary to the true reality.”

Tien-t’ai commented on this, saying that “no worldly affairs of life or work are ever contrary to the true reality.” A person of wisdom is not one who practices Buddhism apart from worldly affairs but, rather, one who thoroughly understands the principles by which the world is governed.

When the Yin dynasty became corrupt and the people were suffering, T’ai-kung Wang appeared in the world and beheaded King Chou of the Yin, bringing an end to the people’s misery. When the Second Emperor of the Ch’in dynasty caused the people to taste bitterness, Chang Liang appeared and restored order to the world, enabling them to know sweetness. Though these men lived before the introduction of Buddhism, they helped the people as emissaries of Shakyamuni Buddha, the lord of teachings. And though the adherents of the non-Buddhist scriptures were unaware of it, the wisdom of such men contained at heart the wisdom of Buddhism.

If there were a ruler of outstanding wisdom in the world today, at the time of the great earthquake of the Shōka era, or at the time of the great comet of the Bun’ei era, he would surely have heeded me, Nichiren. Or even if that had not happened, when strife broke out within the ruling clan in the ninth year of Bun’ei (1272), or when the Mongols attacked in the eleventh year of the same era, he would have welcomed me as King Wen of the Chou dynasty welcomed T’ai-kung Wang, or sought me out as King Kao-ting of the Yin dynasty sought out Fu Yüeh from seven ri away. Thus it is said that the sun and moon are not treasures to one who is sightless, and that a worthy man will be hated by a foolish ruler. Rather than go on at length, I will stop here. The heart of the Lotus Sutra is just as I have explained. You should not think of it as otherwise. Great evil portends the arrival of great good. If all of Jambudvīpa were to be thrown into chaos, there could be no doubt that [this sutra would] “be widely propagated throughout Jambudvipa."

I have decided to send Āchārya Daishin to pay a visit to the grave of the late lay priest Rokurō.

In the past, I had thought that, if there were people in the Kanto region who had heard this teaching, I would go to their graves myself and recite the verse section of the “Life Span” chapter of the Lotus Sutra. If I were to go there under the present circumstances, however, the entire province would hear of it within the day, and it would probably cause an uproar as far away as Kamakura. Even though they have steadfast faith, wherever I go, people must fear the eyes of others.

When I thought how much the late lay priest Rokurō might be longing to see me since I had not yet visited, it seemed to me that there was probably something I could do. Thus to begin with, I have decided to send a disciple to recite the verse section of the “Life Span” chapter before his grave. I ask for your understanding on that point.

With my deep respect
Nichiren

A thread like this wouldn’t be complete without some Charlton Heston

One nutjob says something you agree with and that closes the case? I think not.

2 Likes

Don’t be blind. The case is never closed, except in fake science.

I’ve found some drawings of Spider-Man in history and even across continents. That’s enough for me!

I guess minotaurs existed too since there are ancient depictions of them. That is apparently enough for some posters here.

1 Like

Sheik Yerbouti

1 Like

No, a Mudshark

You need to be more open minded with your bad karma concrete thinking

2 Likes

Polar bears and Brown bears And koalas and Pandas? Kangaroos and kinkajoos? Raccoons and honey badgers? Harp seals and tropical fish?

I would think fundamentalist women would be mad as hell. Apparently they would have shot out babies painlessly if Eve hadn’t listened to a talking snake.

1 Like

You could be a spider if you try a little. What a miserable life.

So silly. You don’t understand the origin of that story or what it means. It’s part of your consciousness

Your entire mindset is concrete thinking.

Keep beating that drum.

You’ve spent the entire thread preaching to those asking you questions and critically examining your ideas and assertions. When you show that you are willing to ask questions and understand others, rather than labeling them, then you might have room to judge.

Genesis 3: To the woman he said, “I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”

I forgot that because of that snake us men rule over women. Hey, Maybe this fundamentalist thing is the way to go!

You ask silly and hypocritical questions. I already know you are close minded and don’t know your own mind.

Narrow views denigrate your own life.

Bottom line is without faith, practice, prayer and meditation, you can not see the nature of things.

Religious awakening comes from within. There are religious experiences stored in your life you could see and remember, for your self.