Battle of the Backups Desantis V Newsome

I am going to try and watch this tonight.

Newsome Vs Desantis debate.

Listened to a program this morning that pointed to a couple items to watch for from CA Newsome.

Newsome is Dyslexic. He memorizes everything. He cannot read from a prompter or script. His eyes crossI made that up

It does make him look very authoritative and knowledgeable. One of his key mass appeal points.

Newsome will compliment Donald Trump. Watch for it. He will hope to appeal to Trump while hoping Desantis tries to be the anti-Trump option.

Newsome will list many points so his opponent will have less to focus and counter.

Desantis needs a good showing. Abortion is the only issue that could hurt him. He needs to be pragmatic here.

You know Trump will be glued to this.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I believe 2028 will be this match

3 Likes

Quite possible.

Newsome is a slick operator. He can be defeated if you are ready for his antics.

I think Newsome needs a year or so out of office so he can blame the new guy for all of he havack he has caused

3 Likes

Dude who watches 10 hours of TV a day needs something to watch.

He is. Classic politician and good in front of a camera. I think he can beat DeSantis based on his acting alone, he’s more like a movie politician than a real person.

1 Like

Newsome will simply be more likable. Way more Charisma than Desaintis.

Policy wise they both have their flaws. However Newsome isn’t fighting with corporations within his state.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder… I’ve been on vacay and completely forgot about it being tonight

1 Like

You better check on that.

IF…our corrupt political establishment is successful, where Trump is actually taken out of the 2024 election…these will be our choices. Now consider Newsom and his accomplishments; he takes one of the most beautiful cities in the world and you can smell it from here, then consider California, the homelessness and all of the businesses leaving…hmmmmmm…he sounds libqualified.

2 Likes

No it is you who need to check the date of your articles

2 Likes

Will the magical cleanup they did for the CCP play well to voters?

Desantis is sure to bring it up. How will Newsome spin it?

Plans are still on for 2026 when the campus is complete.

I stand corrected.

However, with Disney just executing 7,000 layoffs, he isn’t so sure the governor is solely to blame. “Disney has had a pretty tough year in terms of sales, in terms of gross revenue. They’ve seen a lot of problems with some of their entertainment content.”

Gov. Ron DeSantis also gave no sign he thinks he played a role in the canceled plans. On Thursday, DeSantis issued a response to Disney’s announcement. “Disney announced the possibility of a Lake Nona campus nearly two years ago. Nothing ever came of the project, and the state was unsure whether it would come to fruition,” DeSantis said. “Given the company’s financial straits, falling market cap, and declining stock price, it is unsurprising that they would restructure their business operations and cancel unsuccessful ventures.”

Tough to pin this on Desantis when it looks like a Bidenomics fail

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It is still one of the most beautiful states. 6th biggest economy in the world. Beautiful weather. Tons and tons of things to do.

List Greasy Gavin’s accomplishments from his time as mayor of San Francisco to the present.
DeSantis can let him preach his arugula word salads and drink coffee.
Newsome is a bum that had an attempt to recall him from office.

This “debate” is a stupid event.

It’s about as meaningful as the college football Ty-D-Bol games scheduled for Dec 16.

While this is absolutely true, I still like the idea and will try and watch.

Enjoy but it makes one ask, if things are so hunky dory, how come so many are leaving?

The state itself has issues including fresh water supply, wild fires and plate tectonics.

The politics are unhinged as is crime and the justice system.

You cannot allow shoplifters to operate they way they are.

Then there is the homelessness and drug pervasiveness.

It’s expensive. Have to pay to play. I’ve had friends leave for both Florida and Texas. They left because they wanted a home, a bigger home or because of their job.

All of them were surprised at how little they “saved” by moving. They took lower salaries… and were faced with high property taxes and/or insurance rates.

And it’s not like people aren’t moving to California. Any article you see talking about “mass exodus” is talk net result.

To be honest, until CA solves its housing problem… the population will probably remain stagnant or decline even more. It’s not affordable to own a home here in most places.