Battle of the Backups Desantis V Newsome

Homelessness is an isolated problem primarily in Los Angeles and San Francisco. There are literally hundreds of cities you can live within CA, where you won’t see a single homeless person. Homeless is a big problem comparatively speaking… but one you can easily avoid when living here.

CA actually doesn’t have that big of a drug problem. Per capita, they are middle of the road for drug related overdoses.

3 Likes

If so, I will likely seek out this debate then. For now, not so relevant to 2024.

Yes, it’s physically beautiful. But it’s filled with homelessness and it wasn’t when the reps ran the state. The schools were great also. 20 years ago cops kicked skateboarders out of our rain ditches. Now they are filled with homeless tents camping for free and no one does anything. The rich may be richer, but the poor is definitely poorer.

And that does not bother you? What happened to the left?

2 Likes

Why is Fox helping Newsome practice debating?

1 Like

To me, it’s still very interesting. Don’t care if neither one of them will be in the White House soon.

Two popular governors (with their constituents) making a case for their competing ideologies on a national stage.

1 Like

Almost 1 million left between 2021 and 2022. There’s more than just a housing problem but…ignore the truth and carry on.

1 Like

.4% of the population in CA is homeless. And it’s really only confined to two cities… LA and SF

Horsefeathers.

Was in San Diego a while back. Place is full of bums.

Also was struck as I was looking up at the buildings how pretty it was, then I looked around. What a pit. Too bad. San Diego use to be such a pretty city

I didn’t say LA and SF were the only cities with homeless. I just said they have the largest population of homeless.

I’ve literally never heard of anyone calling San Diego a “pit”. I can guarantee it is better than where you live.

1 Like

Go there and look around.

LOL. How in the heck would you know?

What a completely moronic thing to say.

That statistic is based on a huge population and could be lower if undocumented illegals were included in the total population. Now give us the actual number of homeless.

1 Like

How do you know where he lives ?

1 Like

Love the thread title, but won’t be tuning in for any of it. lol

1 Like

It’s the old “mine is bigger than yours” rationale. :rofl:

Funny because incidentally, mine actually does happen to be bigger than everybody’s :wink: :money_mouth_face:

tenor

3 Likes

I know.

171k homeless or .4% of the total CA population

Doesn’t matter unless he lives in San Diego or Maui. I’m just taking a strong strong guess that it’s neither.

the major cities have a problem as a lot of major cities do. I live in California, my city is not full of bums and or homeless people.

Does California have a problem? Yes, it does it dominates the top 10 largest homeless populations in America. But, it’s not alone.