Bailout Joe to "forgive" insurance company of all costs of rebuilding the FSK bridge

What a very strange complaint this thread is.

2 Likes

In what world is cleaning up and rebuilding from a disaster a “ vote buying scheme”?

3 Likes

“It’s my intention that the federal government will pay for the entire cost of reconstructing that bridge and I expect the Congress to support my effort," Biden said, speaking from the White House ahead of a trip to North Carolina.

Yeah, they will just raise taxes on the middle class as always.

Leftists are trying to destroy it anyway.

I have to agree, if Biden had said nothing or that the bridge rebuild work will have to wait until insurance pays out, the usual suspects would be bitching. Now the federal government is assisting they still find fault.

Its so ■■■■■■■ stupid and childish.

3 Likes

And they will authorize it also… imagine the GOP throwing a fit about this in an election year when they have a good chance to pick up a Senate seat in Maryland.

Actually. I now hope that they throw a fit.

Proclaiming it will be paid for by the “government” aka (taxpayers).
The bridge was built as an SHA/ FAP. State and matching Federal funding project. The maintenance and operations funded by the collection of tolls. Note: Toll costs have increased exponentially over the years.
Fact: The cargo ship owner is wholly responsible for the rebuild.

They do t have to pay a dime without a court order if they believe that the incident falls outside the issued policy etc

Sure and the cargo ship owner will say sue me. Then what happens ?

This thread was exactly what it was when it started - a bunch of angry typing based on who is president

Had a Republican President said this there would be applause and guffaw about how fast the gop White House will get it done.

1 Like

Well that’s nice.

Meanwhile President Biden will be working to get it cleaned up and rebuilt.

If Trump had said the exact same thing…. No one would complain.

It would be something I would agree with him.

1 Like

Their vessels will no longer be allowed into US waters and those here impounded. Read up on maritime law.

And what bureaucrat will head that up Pete Bootyjudge?
Extra butter on my popcorn thanks.

Ahhh moving on to a new complaint when no one else would bite.

Congress should include along with approving (some) funding the removing of the mayor and city council of Baltimore city.

For what reason pray tell?

Could I borrow your crystal ball that tells you motivation of others?

IMG_0686

You don’t know Baltimore do ya

Sure and that extracts money from them on the spot how?

That just leads to more litigation.

We are discussing doing something expediently not causing more litigation.