Authoritarian nature of libs today

I wonder what Donkey she road in on.

Oh wait…can I be prosecuted for saying that?

Democratic Florida Rep. Frederica Wilson wants to prosecute anyone that mocks congress critters.

“Those people who are online making fun of members of Congress are a disgrace, and there is no need for anyone think that is unacceptable [ sic ],” Wilson said during comments made Tuesday outside of the Homestead Temporary Shelter for Unaccompanied Children in Homestead, Florida.

“We’re gonna shut them down and work with whoever it is to shut them down, and they should be prosecuted,” she continued. “You cannot intimidate members of Congress, frighten members of Congress. It is against the law, and it’s a shame in this United States of America.”

Ok lets have fun with this.

Florida.

eesh… what a state.

1 Like

What does she mean by “intimidate”? That is more serious than mocking and could involve threats which would certainly be illegal.

Or she could just be an idiot, but the article is woefully short on information.

1 Like

It sounds like it is a knee jerk response to the story about the Facebook group.
It is hard to believe that she would talk about prosecuting the public. That idea wouldn’t fly with her own caucus.
What she might not realize is that those Border Patrol agents who participated in that Facebook posting could loose their jobs if they are identified.
The article is pretty vague, but that’s my take.

1 Like

I thought she looked familiar…

5 Likes

I don’t know if they could be prosecuted, but I do know that you have no right to a job.

Scary…so if you criticize a congress critter you have no right to work?

Next she will be complaining about social media and call for monitoring.

8 Likes

Will she label Congress critics as Enemies of the People?

1 Like

I wonder if she will be whining like Trump on Twitter.

damn!

i was going to be the first to post about trump in a totally non-trump thread

< stomps off… door slam >

2 Likes

Well this was a stupid statement. She should keep her mouth shut.

However I do not think this type of behavior is out of the norm. Cons are constantly calling for shutting down or dismantling social media because they feel persecuted

My question is: How can she not hate white people? And her hatter.

1 Like

Right? OMG - anti-Trumpists always turning things around to try and show that Donald did the same thing or worse than the people Trumpists are legitimately criticizing others for. I mean, just because they support Donald and just because he’s behaved similarly doesn’t mean they have to drag his name out EVERY TIME someone criticizes someone from the left! Like it makes the critics hypocrites or something for not seeing how Donald is no better? Horse hockey!

Maybe bring up your favorites AOC or Colbert? Hope this helps.

Given her age…race and sex… I wouldn’t be surprised if she had some resentment

quick scan shows 2 forms of the word Trump and 3 Donalds in one paragraph

in a thread not even about the president.

i guess that’s progress

Intimidating is limited to threats, though she isn’t alone trump is a big support of open liable law to sue people for criticism

The president agrees with her.

OK, I’m going take this at face value…and call her out as dumbass politician saying dangerous things.

Maybe we can agree to call out Trump on his ‘fake news’ and ‘enemy of the people’ crap for the same reason?

Note that I’m not using Trump to to justify this dumbass behavior.

3 Likes