Authoritarian forces are on the move

It’s kinda of funny to see people arguing over which party is authoritarian when it is easily seen that they both are.

2 Likes

Yeah, becoming the US president didn’t make Trump larger than life, and tweeting directly to his 90 million Twitter followers several times a day didn’t make him larger than life, it was banning him from Twitter that did it. :smile:

He has a point.

I disagree that banning Trump from Twitter made him more popular and influential than he already was.

Of course it did, it made him a “victim”.

2 Likes

Rule of law? When we all see just how corrupt that law is used or being used?

To the people that already supported him. I doubt he gained any followers by being banned, and since he hasn’t been on Twitter, I’ve heard much less of what he has to say.

They’re just trying to reverse the label that was put on em by people like myself. Seems to me labeling em as authoritarians after all these years are finally getting to em. :wink:

1 Like

Tip of the spear. Biggest voice of freedom…squashed by the more powerful tech giants.

250 years of American liberty assailed by one ban.

It was a really dumb move. Should have let Trump blow himself out…history shows us that works better.

Clearly they know better…(barf emoji)

1 Like

I find it funny that they’re attempting to ban everything Trump and his supporters but yet Trump and his supporters are the authoritarians? Only in world of LIBS!!! Authoritarians pretending to be liberal.

6 Likes

Most Americans don’t believe that. Most Americans know Trump is lying about election fraud. Those who believe he is a “voice of freedom” already believed it before he was banned.

This I agree with. The harder Trump’s opponents push against him, the harder he and his supporters push back. It illustrates the main problem with American politics today.

No, just the hilarity of having zero self awareness or apparently understanding what authoritarian even means, while wildly supporting the most authoritarian President and admin in history and 2nd place isn’t even close. No more thought went into it than “this sound bad I call libz this” and it’s funny how so off the mark and tone deaf it is.

1 Like

Then we really are in agreement.

By silencing him…he THEN became the voice of freedom.

Silencing opposition is as anti-American as it ever gets. We must all fight this.

3 Likes

Using this definition, I think it is one party.

Authoritarianism is a form of government characterized by the rejection of political plurality, the use of a strong central power to preserve the political status quo, and reductions in the rule of law, separation of powers, and democratic voting. [

Wikipedia](Authoritarianism - Wikipedia)

Examples?

Forum libs are just bitter after decades of calling republicans authoritarians that I was successfully turned it around on libs by exposing their authoritarian nature.

So spare me your ■■■■■■■ insults in your round about ways in claiming I don’t understand authoritarianism. You’re not smart enough to lecture me of definition.

5 Likes

It really amounts to nothing more than “nuh uh you are”.

2 Likes

Accept it lib…I’ve been successful in labeling libs as authoritarians.

3 Likes

Not to anybody who knows anything.

4 Likes