Australia vs the US- Self defense with a firearm

How did anyone born before 1990 survive?

I was born and raised pre lawn dart. :wink:

Eh? They’ve been around at least since the 50’s haven’t they?

Well, technically, they have been around about 2500 years. The Romans used them (plumbatas) as a battlefield weapon against the Greeks circa 500 BCE. But we didn’t have them when I was a kid. Come to think of it, we didn’t have lawns either. :wink:

2 Likes

That looks so cool.

I don’t know about you guys but if for some god awful reason firearms disappeared I know what I’m going for. A Tomahawk. One of the most useful tool/weapons ever developed.

A friend of mine had one of the modern ones. Really nifty thing. I just never had the extra money to splurge on a nice one.

Elizabeth Warren approved this message.

4 Likes

I can stick an Estwing drywall hammer in a tree from thirty feet, it’s similar to a tomahawk and only costs thirty bucks!

1 Like

Uh oh, now you’ve done it…

Yikes…

The Assault Tomahawk will quickly be banned.

You should upgrade to the Rigger’s Axe.

Considerably more heft making it much easier to stick. Very practical tool as well.

Any tomahawk with a black plastic handle and semi automatic throwing capability will have to be turned in your local authorities.

1 Like

We’re going to need limits on how many bladed weapons one can own or carry too!

A pocket knife can have no more than three different blades or utensils. No one has a need for more than three utensils in a pocket knife.

1 Like

A worthy alternative, but I’ll stick with the one I am most proficient with, that is practically an extension of my hand. Not that they are wildly different of course.

That’s a roofing hammer (for wood shingles) not a drywall hammer.

WR posted the roofing hammer, I posted a drywall hammer earlier.

Roofing (shingling) hammer.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Estwing-7-in-Shingler-s-L-Light-Weight-Hatchet-E3-LS/203075869?mtc=Shopping-B-F_D25T-G-D25T-25_1_HAND_TOOLS-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-HandTools_PLA&cm_mmc=Shopping-B-F_D25T-G-D25T-25_1_HAND_TOOLS-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-HandTools_PLA-71700000034127224-58700003933021546-92700031755124817&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg9O1-KLP5QIVwiCtBh1UsgReEAQYAiABEgJLPvD_BwE