Australia vs the US- Self defense with a firearm

Excuse me, riggers hammer that WR posted. Either way, what I posted was a drywall hammer and yes, I use almost it like it was an extension of my hand.

There is no question that you can use a roofing hammer to put up drywall. I used to use a claw hammer. But now I use an impact driver and drywall screws.

This is a drywall hammer;

You are right … I just now noticed the round peen. :nauseated_face:

They are similar at first glance.

Consider it a worthy new challenge and upgrade.

We’d frequently have throwing contests with them on breaks or at lunch.

I would definitely not want to be on the receiving end.

Ha ha ha.

Nobody NEEDS a metal handle on their tomahawk.

It’s a wooden, crescent frisbee.

In those days, the kid with the broken arm probably got an ass-whooping for being stupid.

Today parents would sue either the kid on the swing (or parents thereof) or the owner of the location of the swing, or the 4-H organization.

Or all of them.

I can attest to that one. lol

Even where guns are completely banned, people use them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/she-fought-for-human-rights-on-a-tiny-island-that-banned-guns-then-she-was-shot-dead/ar-AAJGg4L?li=BBnb7Kz

The point of all the tomahawk and jarts banter is that law cannot change men;s hearts. If evil is there, evil will come out of that heart.

The USA society sees more gun deaths now (or the media highlight it.) Our society breeds it. We’re reaping what we’ve sown.

And it’s going to get worse.

All violent crime including murder has been cut by half or more since the peak around 97.

“Judicial/Sentencing Reform” is going to reverse that trend but we’ll just have to deal with it when that happens.

once the guns are gone, “they” will come for your knives.

In England and Wales under Section 139 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 it may be an offence to have any sharply pointed or bladed instrument in your possession, in a public place unless you are able to show good reason or lawful authority for doing so.

1 Like

We’ve long had some pretty ridiculous knife laws in the US in a lot of states.

In my own home state it was unlawful for about four or five decades to even carry a Bowie Knife, the knife invented by and Named for one of the biggest heroes of our Texas Revolution.

Several years ago, Alaska legalized such knives as Bowies, switch blades, and gravity knives on 2nd Amendment grounds. Black jacks and brass knuckles that those knives were lumped in with, remain illegal. I think more and more States are acknowledging that knives are arms.

1 Like

Ours finally returned to sanity in 2016.