Australia vs the US- Self defense with a firearm

Doubtful, it isn’t easy to get one of those to come back to you.

If we were anything like Australia, women would be opening doors for “men.” lol

Really? I thought you just threw it and it came back sort of automatically. I picture myself having to duck.

No, it’s a skill. Has to be thrown in a specific way.

Huh. Interesting.

The basics of boomerang throwing.

You can purchase modern ones, toys, that are much easier to operate but a traditional one is pretty hard to get to return and all but impossible to get to come back to exactly where you are standing.

Pretty amazing that people used to hunt and fight with them. Google tells me that boomerangs are the first heavier-than-air man-made flying objects. They’re a lot more interesting than I would have guessed.

Having it return to your general vicinity was enough. The point was not to lose it if you missed, not avoid having to move to pick it up. And unlike modern ones, toys, it had to be heavy enough to kill something so having it come back and hit you was not a good thing.

Yeah, that makes sense. If I could throw it and kill something it stands to reason I wouldn’t want to try to catch it.

Not at such close quarters. What the store owner should have done is pull out his oaken staff from behind the counter and pummeled that fool with the 2 foot sword. Wait a minute! Since when is a two foot blade a Samurai sword? That’s shorter than a Roman Gladius. Maybe he was dressed like a Samurai, but he was wielding a short sword or some kind of dirk.

It’s a crooked stick.

You don’t find boomerangs interesting? They think people were using them 25,000 years ago. When the libs take our guns, boomerangs will make a comeback.

Less than one hundred years ago leftists govt took away people guns, and then killed them on an industrial scale.

Gun control is the deadliest force in history!

1 Like

Lawn darts.

Thankfully the government is already protecting us from the horror and heartbreak of lawn darts.

Too bad nobody told them about horseshoes, saw my cousin run in front of one and get clocked in the head once, not pretty.

Ouch. When I was nine I walked in front of a high school kid on a tire swing at a 4-H meeting and broke my arm. My parents didn’t blame the swing.

2 Likes

Stick with a point.

Exactly. :laughing: