Auntie Esther Maxine Slams Chuck n' Nancy

Black Panther isn’t blaxploitation. It’s pan-Africanism. What we also called the Native Tongues movement in hip hop culture when I was a kid.

Look, just don’t call old black ladies mammies, okay? Even calling them “auntie” is pushing it. It won’t go down well.

That is a completely different thing in that situation. and you know it.

Wait so Black Panther is Pan-Africanism? and Luke Cage is Blaxploitation LOL
In your theory from above Black Panther is Blaxploitation because it came from the Comic Book Industry at the time people were doing Blaxploitation you can’t keep your own story straight on what is and isn’t considered.

Different than what? You’re arguing that referring to black people any ol’ way you want to is ok if you’re using strong, black characters from the movies.

So do you have a Problem with White people being called things that can be seen derogatory as well?

Where are the goalposts moving to? I want to be ready.

Its not a goal post move.
We are talking about calling Black People names after “Fictional Characters” so is it an issue for you to call White People similar names.

It’s sort of amazing that in 2018 you still have to tell people this.

1 Like

When did this become about me? You’re the one trying to justify something. Others are trying to explain to you why you may not want to do that. And you come back with something about calling white people “similar names?” What are you even talking about?

Any outrage will be feigned.

1 Like

Well, I believe Huckabee Sanders’ outrage at being kept from the food trough for even a little bit was real.

How sad for you.

Aunt Esther is racist?

they keep changing it. that way there are supposedly racists using slurs. It gets votes for libs.

because these names have kept the black man down.

The motivation of those using those terms certainly has.

Angry black woman stereotype.

The Netflix show definitely embraces it’s blaxploitation roots. But I wouldn’t go so far as to it is a blaxplootation show.

Really?

And here I was thinking about sister of my grandmother on my father side.

Now that I thought about it I call BS.

And more fibs you want to tell me?

How about if he called her Michelle Obama?