AT&T/ Direct TV to drop OAN

Given the crash and burn lie in the thread you started this morning this is one of the richest posts ever!

4 Likes

So how do you feel about the pill workers who were maligned on OAN?

Yes, any news work that peddled lies, misinformation, and false conspiracy theories as fact should removed immediately. That would include the debunked Russia-collusion hoax, the Biden-laptop-is-Russian-disinformation hoax, the drinking-bleach hoax, the fine-people hoax, etc.

OAN is one of the few that would be left.

2 Likes

The Fake News media is probably still pissed off that OAN carried the state hearings live (hours on end in each of the controversial states ) on election fraud so that people could watch and decide for themselves what happened rather than just take Lib TV Man’s word for what happened.

That was a real public service.

Poor AT&T. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Service at DTV went to ■■■■ when they took over.

2 Likes

I had Direct TV until my neighbors trees grew high enough to block my signal and he won’t have them trimmed. So I got AT&T streaming. So I checked to see if I could get the NFL Sunday Ticket plan. I can’t and can not find out why. The one thing that I did find is that the NFL Sunday Ticket is the major draw that Direct TV has.

It sure did. Hughes net was terrific. We were in early on the satellite TV technology. Saved up for 6 months to purchase 600.00 worth of equipment before they did the lease only in 1997. I stick with it out of nostalgia now.

He is also opening himself up to discovery should the case go to trial.

Lol maybe they should stop attracting multi-billion dollar lawsuits with their outright lies and carriers won’t feel so hesitant. Just a thought.

RedZone is all you need and most carriers offer it, with Comcast it is 10 bucks a month during the season. Football bliss, 7 hours of commercial free football covering every game. Totally worth it.

1 Like

We always watched that on Dish. But they took it off this year.

1 Like

That doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

The article says the head of the NAACP called it a victory for democracy. Imagine a country where blocking political speech is considered a victory for democracy.
And progressives will ridicule the comparison of leftist politics to Venezuela.

4 Likes

It’s a business decision.

A business decision to give in to pressure from progressives. Read the article. They are elated.

That too, is a business decision.

I wonder how many posters complaining about this has ever posted “I’ve never even seen OAN…I don’t know what you’re talking about” when they’ve parroted some nutty story OAN ran with.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I wonder how many posters rush in to tell us the latest party line they were fed from msnbc or cnn, only to stay to claim other posters get their ideas from conservative sources?

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

I tried to watch it once and checked the website out 2-3 times. Not for me. Really not a lot of difference from Breitbart or MSNBC.

OAN has matured over time and become more professional in their stories and deliveries. I’ve also noticed that a number of their journalists have gone over to NewsMax, including Fox journalists. What is being deemed as a conservative news source, is something new and taken off more since Fox moved left.

3 Likes