As of today, my discretionary spending is being re-evaluated and cancelled

I agree totally or we could drill into coal seams and do gasification of the seam and export the gas so we could also lay pipe as well.

If we can hit supercritical water, the entire countries energy will be taken care of.

It's official: All electric bicycles are now allowed in all national parks | Electrek. I understand you don’t want a Class II e-bike. I’m pointing this out because I don’t believe the restrictions are as severe as you think. Good luck!

How did you not cut your discretionary spending already due to Covid? I know I did.

1 Like

…cuz I didn’t spend much prior? :sunglasses:

I just got a big raise so I don’t know what anyone is worried about. I made the right choices in life. Clearly anyone worried about discretionary spending needs to bootstrap. Maybe just move if your local or state taxes are too high.

1 Like

I’m an essential employee. Part of out staff got quarantine at home, so we got mandatory overtime. My discressionary spending went up – I wasn’t going anyplace so I was spending less in Gas money. Car insurance went down for 3 months. So I paid to have someone do my lawncare all summer, bought a few gizmo’s and gadgets. But that’s all stopping now.

I only have state tax (flat rate 4.95%.) No local tax. I expect my utilities, car insurance, home owners insurnace to go up when Biden puts Eeeeevil corporate taxes back up to where they were or higher. Also expecting costs of just about everything I buy in the store to go up due to a tax increase.

Just get a better job or if you aren’t working get a job. We shouldn’t be financially irresponsible with our government finances just because you can’t afford insurance. Corporate earnings were hitting records before Trump and the GOP passed their deficit blow up tax cuts. However, your post is more proof that corporations really don’t pay taxes. You do. Must be nice having everyone else pay for your taxes if you are corporation. Shows how much power consumers and workers have.

Corporations get the big Fed Reserve bailouts (bond purchases), the big tax cuts, all the while ship jobs overseas, take more and more, then convince you that poor people are going to steal your cookie, while they earn more and more YoY and you earn less and less.

I have a wonderful job I love. I live in a beautife area of the United States.

I have health insurance.

And I’ve benefited from the Tax reduction act. If it goes away, I will be detrimentally effected.

Sure they do. With money from consumers.

You do realize that is essentially what corporations do. They provide a product or service for monitary value. Jus tlike workers work and produce something for the corporation for monitary value.

The difference is that corporations have all the power and the GOP keeps giving them all of the power. Taxes on corporations don’t go to a vacuum. They either go to A) shoring up the financial state of our government or B) go towards building the middle class via better education and health care. Or A and B.

But they keep the con and the cons keep buying it because the cons keep giving them all of the power in this country. Record profits every decade after decade, year after year, but wages go down down down. And ya’ll keep putting them on a pedestal and make them the victims

Get a better job then. That’s what Republicans always say.

If I worked at Mcdee’s, Wally World, the corner gas station – I probably would. Hoever I don’t have one of those dead end carreers.

In the profession I’m in, if I were in New York City, or LA, or other cesspools, I would make 2 or 3 times what I make now. But — I look at being in a cesspool to a beautiful area – and I’ll take the lower wage for the lower cost of living, and much better living conditions.

It’s not our fault you’ve peaked out professionally.

1 Like

Serious question. The concept of the “Laffer Curve” I think is valid. Where do you think we are on this curve? It seems that, no matter what, to the GOP we always need to move to the left left left. Surely, there’s an optimization from the perspective of Corporate taxes? Where do you think that is?

I may have. I may not have. Hard to say. My profession is constantly changing.

I know you’ve been here long enough to see my proposal on taxes.

Probably but I’ve been on Timeout for almost a year and simply don’t remember every individual’s beliefs on tax rates. What do you think is the optimal corporate tax rate given our current environment? Any lower than the current rate?

Here it is in a nutshell.

Personal rate - single tax bracket. Single deduction = to 80% of federal minimum wage. One tax payer per tax form. Single rate set revenue neutral to currently collected by federal government.

Corporate tax. – Single tax bracket. Deduction for any money paid out that is taxed on a personal level. (Adjusted income). Then a single 30% deduction. Tax rate set revunue neutral to what is currenly collected by federal government.

Any and all income is counted (rents, wages, divadents, royalties, interest – you name it.)

Then start slashing the budget – especially items that are not enumerated in the constitution.

1 Like

Can anyone post a link that correlates businesses and their owners to whether or not they voted for Biden? If this list is ever created, I’ll show you businesses that are about to be financially hurt by those voting with their discretionary spending.