Arrest barr and mnuchin for contempt

Hey, I think I was behind your car yesterday.

They already did under Pelosi with harriet myers…

Where the courts said they had to hand over the info…

So…you’re wrong…again…

Did anyone resolution written by House Judiciary regarding contempt charges?
It appears that Nadler started sending letters to Barr in February, notifying him that the Committee would need the AG to release an unredacted copy along with the underlying information to the House Judiciary.
Nadler sent letters and requested negotiations over what legal hurdles may need to be addressed.
Barr did not address these issues. He did communicate with Nadler about he release of the report. He offered to make the report available to the Chair and Ranking members of select committees (1 staff member could accompany the congress member). But Barr never responded to the request for underlying material. Only after the report was released did the DOJ make a statement that turning over underlying material would be too burdensome.
https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/democrats.judiciary.house.gov/files/documents/FINAL%20BARR%20Contempt%20Report%20Barr%205.6.19.pdf

I don’t think Barr is going to fare well after all of this is over.

Did they give him time to follow that process?

So have they made any arrest yet?

Probably won’t arrest them but I expect they will be fined 25000$ a day. That might start to sting after a bit

Nadler made multiple requests beginning on Feb 22nd. Barr did not respond to the requests until after the report was released. There was no process being addressed by Barr. He simply ignored the requests. He has had plenty of opportunities to negotiate with Nadler but decided not to.

Due to Barr’s non response, I can’t blame Nadler for filing for contempt. Barr’s plan is to drag this out as long as possible. Nadler needs to do this just to get Barr to respond at all.

Or Nadler needs to ask a court to release the Grand Jury portions. All the rest is sitting in a room on capital hill and not one stinking dem congress critter has signed in to go read some of the redactions. Wonder why that is don’t you? Let me repeat that. Not a single dem on the committe that voted for contempt has gone to read some of the redaction’s. It’s not about what’s in it.

Why hasn’t Nadler done that? :wink:

There are only 6 Dem members of Congress that Barr has offered the ability to the less redacted report. Nadler has refused to agree with this, asking for all House Judiciary members be allowed to view the less redacted report.
While I agree that Nadler and the other 5 members should have ciewed the report by now, he is claiming that he rejected Barr’s offer.

What about the underlying materials? Where are they?

That’s in Nadlers contempt report. He wanted Barr to submit the request along with Nadler. Barr has dragged his feet and not responded to this request. According to Nadlers contempt report, he will now make that request without Barr’s help.

Calls to arrest Barr is growing louder and louder.

Soon libs all over will be chanting lock him up.

You got a problem with that?