Arrest barr and mnuchin for contempt

after the whole house votes to hold barr in contempt the sergeant at arms should be sent to arrest barr and hold him until he agrees to testify.

do the same for mnuchin

Probably not going to happen.

Just like Holder?

2 Likes

So what law allows congress to tell an attorney general to break the law? You know demanding he un-redact grand jury information that legally can’t be released?

You know there is a copy of the report with ONLY grand jury info redacted in a secure room and not a stimgle Dem has shown up to read it right?

So again, what gives congress the authority and right to demand the AG violate federal law and give them grand jurty information that he can’t lawfully release?

1 Like

Agreed, instead of voting to hold them in contempt they should vote to authorize an impeachment inquiry and then there is no question they can get the grand jury material.

1 Like

Good thing we don’t live under a dictator…

1 Like

Congress should arrest them, it would be fun for all.

1 Like

Arguably, the Speaker does have the power to order the Sergeant-at-Arms to arrest and detain someone for contempt.

Detaining them for any period of time would almost certainly result in a petition for habeas corpus that would almost certainly be granted.

But it’s an interesting thought experiment.

2 Likes

You mean like they did with Eric Holder?

1 Like

Why didn’t Republicans do that? They certainly had the right.

I have not the foggiest idea. They don’t tell me these things.

1 Like

I wish they would have. They would have made the libs heads explode.

1 Like

Most republicans are so used to playing defense, that they have totally forgotten how to play offense. Inept.

We have to elect more fighters, like Donald Trump. In 2020 we need to primary out those Republicans who only play defence, and instead get some real Trump style politicians in the House and Senate. If we do that we’ll really help Donald Trump in advancing his agenda.

1 Like

You can count them on one hand. Jim Jordan is another. But they are few and far between.

Then we need to primary out every single Republican, besides Jim Jordan and the other one. If there is an incumbent Republican in your district/state then you need to vote for their opposition in the Primary. This current batch of Republicans are not worth the Trump brand. They all have to go! I’m not saying you should vote 3rd party if you only have a incumbent Republican to vote for in the general election, but it would probably do more good for the Republican brand in the long run. We don’t need RINOS in the party. We need Trump Republicans to dominate the party for the next century.

No argument here.

1 Like

Why? The Meuller report is a fraud thanks to the unverified Russian dossier and unverified image data used to accuse the Russians of hacking DNC computers.

Except Holder should of been held responsible for all the murders caused by his incompetent Operation Fast and furious.

So have they arrested Barr and Mnuchin yet? If not why not?

Inquiring minds want to know.

1 Like