Arkansas Capitol got a new statue

a few years ago Arkansas passed a bill to allow religious statues on the ground of the capital so they could place one of the ten commandment little did they know it would open the flood ages now the Church of Satan has built their own statue and driven down to the building and are going to sue to have it place there under equality under the law.

The Satanic Temple wheeled its giant statue of the goat-like figure Baphomet onto the lawn of the Arkansas State Capitol Thursday.

The jarring installation is the culmination of the church’s protest against a 2015 bill signed into law in Arkansas that allows “the placement on the State Capitol grounds of a suitable monument commemorating the Ten Commandments.”

Dozens of protestors gathered as the 8.5-foot statue was unveiled, according to a tweet from the scene from a KLRT reporter.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article216821490.html

OK, that’s both stupid and funny at the same time.

2 Likes

It was the Satanic Temple, not the Church of Satan.

Those are radically different groups.

Republicans defend Christian freedom, not religious freedom.

4 Likes

God bless those Satanists.

3 Likes

The Church of Satan was Anton LaVey’s thing back in the 70s. It was all about hedonism and rejection of religious morality.

The Satanic Temple are real-life trolls, who combat the injection of church into state by parody.

3 Likes

Nice succinct summation. I would add both are nontheistic, meaning members of neither group actually worship Satan.

1 Like

I always give people too much credit, and assume that goes without saying.

But this is the internet.

Well, there are some small theistic Satanist groups. I have a feeling that’s what a lot of people think all Satanism is.

Not politics.

The capital of AR is not political?

The 1st Amendment isn’t politics?

Lol.

10char

There is no politics but Trump. Trump is politics. Anything else is irrelevant. Hail trump.

1 Like

It is pretty funny…giant statue of satan in front of the courthouse lol

I enjoy some of the Hannity trolls…they self-own themselves almost daily. C_M_I is my favorite active participant.

2 Likes

This is great and now anyone…who is greatly offended…we now know …has the lib right to tear it down.

Satan tortured my ancestors…
How DARE they celebrate him with a statue.

1 Like

Break out the pink ■■■■■ hats…I’m feelin some tear down…nasty…:sunglasses:

1 Like