Arkansas Capitol got a new statue

They put a statue up of the symbol of the god of King Solomon’s temple? What terrible satanists.

Preformatted textIs it a good statue artistically? Do the people of the state get any control over who the artist is? I don’t mind a statue of Satan if it’s a good one. Did anyone tell these satanists, and yes I realize they aren’t Satan worshipers, that Christians aren’t particularly offended by depictions of satan? You can see him in plenty of Christian art.

Did anyone tell them, Satan is part of Christianity? That in essence they are protesting putting statues representing Christianity in the public square with a a statue depicting an aspect of, Christianity?

These satanists don’t seem to be too bright.

It’s worked before, for some reason the Christians end up getting miffed.

You could try explaining to them why they shouldn’t feel offended at a depiction of Satan, good luck to ya.

1 Like

Maybe they should visit some museums and even churches that contain images of him in paintings. As far as I know there is no particular prohibitory on images of Satan in Christianity.

Just label the statue “Arkansas First Lady 1982 - 1992”. That should take care of it.

2 Likes

They could put it in front of her airport.

Part of it? Christianity created the popular image of Satan. The Christian Satan is very different than the Jewish ha-satan

That’s actually kinda funny. Well played.

Well played. Well played.

LOL! You bring being oblivious to new levels.

Lots like they’re getting exactly what they wanted.

As a Christian, I take immense issue with Satanist in general. I understand entirely that they’re trolling in an effort to get people to realize some of the insanity we put up with, but as someone who does beleive in dark forces, well, they really shouldn’t be meddled with.

They shoulda put up a FSM statue instead.

You realize this is a nontheist group right?

I think that one could make a case in court that FSM is not an actual religion and the expression of such is not on equal footing as Christianity.

Yes. Like I said, they’re trolling. But I equate it with the people who wear nazi symbols and say “we’re trolling.”

Some things you reeaaaaaaaly shouldn’t troll on.

That is true. I would also think a Muslim statue, a wiccan statue, or hell, a scientology statue would get the point across.

A statue of Tom Cruise?

2 Likes

Applying that standard, would Buddism and Shinto be considered religions?

I would say yes.

FSM was started as a joke to show the absurdity of teaching Creationism in schools. There is well documented evidence of this.

Now give it a couple of thousand years and the origin lost to time… well then it would be a real religion.

2 Likes