Arizona man, "threatened" by black kid listening to rap music in his vehicle, slits his throat and murders him

Oh. I get it now. You’re splitting hairs with specific words. It’s “absurd” because you disagree with the choice of some words.

In fact, your pointing out to someone (who doen’t know his/her rap stars, but is trying to make a point that it’s not just blacks who listen to rap) that there are MANY white rap stars, is actually reinforcing Janet’s point. And that point, not the specific details, was the point!

1 Like

PS: I consider ignorance of rap to be an asset.

1 Like

The immediate leap to “racism” diminishes the meaning of actual racism.

I guess you guys didn’t learn from the Jussie Smollett thread.

If I recall, you were leading the dogpile on someone who questioned the initial claims of racism when that one first started up.

1 Like

Yeah, this is exactly like the Smollet case. The 17 year old faked having his throat slit to get one over on the white man.

1 Like

This sounds like an awesome show, I’m going to check it out.

Yeah, I didn’t say it was, so your “exactly” canard is your own strawman.

I was only addressing the immediate leap to racism. Both cases had that element. And CJ got her ass handed to her for jumping down someone’s throat for initially doubting that leap (once it came out that it wasn’t a racism incident at all.)

CJ is ready to head down that same path again. Maybe you want to follow her.

Maybe prudence calls for holding back and waiting for more info to come out before jumping into the fire.

Eh. Everybody has different tastes.

I don’t get all the hate Rap gets though. I despise modern country and modern rap but I don’t rag on the people who listen to either one.

4 Likes

No. What’s absurd is this provably false claim:

Many, many white people have gotten rich and famous rapping.

I assume you’re being intentionally obtuse here. How does my pointing out that there are many white rap stars reinforce Janet’s point that there’s only one?

Fantastic.

I don’t get that either. Its probably the same people who trash sports they don’t like.

I hate rap and country so my musical hatred is diverse.

…hopefully Arizona has the death penalty.”

It does.

Was poison gas until I cannot remember what year.

Now it’s lethal injection.

What race did he mention hating in the article linked in the O P?

He himself stated “people who listen to rap are a threat”.

What exact race is that?

If anything, the assumption that only black people listen to rap is racist.

Did anyone say he was a good person? Or didn’t murder a teenager?

Nope. What I’m saying is he probably won’t get prosecuted under hate crime legislation. I simply don’t believe people who listen to rap are a protected group under those laws.

And to think you charge me with being obtuse. :roll_eyes: In the very post you quoted, I made it clear what Janet’s point is. And I think you know what that point is too: “trying to make a point that it’s not just blacks who listen to rap.” And that point is to support the assertion that the target wasn’t racially motivated. The perp plainly said it was about rap.

I submit that you are the one being obtuse.

1 Like

To me, rap is just yelling at me. That’s how it comes across.

Who in this thread was ragging on people who listen to rap, though?

Oh, no doubt, the killer said he did that. But no one can pretend to answer for him here.

It’s supposed to. At least old school “gangsta” and “political” stuff. It was intentionally angry music, written mostly by guys who had grown up in violent inner cities. It was designed to make a point to the listener by talking at them. When you listen to a lot of the golden and silver age rap you hear a lot of anger at the status quo in inner city America.

The new stuff, hell I have no clue what most of them are on about these days.

There’s a whole genre called Mumble Rap. It’s mumbling over boring beats.

1 Like

Eminem may be the only white rapper with a record contract, but their are white rappers in smaller venues.

I agree that rap, “sung” by anyone of any color, is garbage.

that is a horrible way to lose a son or daughter.

a family loses their son to a murderer and you guys are talking about music as those in the 50s spoke of Rock and Roll.

that’s disturbing.

1 Like