Are you preparing for the coming depression?

No sense in denying that they destroyed an entire nation in less than 2 years. May as well laugh about it. :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

1 Like

The designated ankle biter is on point this morning. lol

2 Likes

As people walk down the grocery store isle scratching their heads wondering why their big crust frozen pizza seems to always be out of stock.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/india-says-wheat-exports-prohibited-033134336.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMvw2vjdG3uA8Grg_QpA4Qh4IiYI_40i3Gd1UzZ2KijenWH8AD4hlADtP8__948gOrgZsNTlvoWBFHkQR9Vb9pEpEktr_icl6qKCZ3u1z64Ehs35yCUZJFP57Ifm7qHqXqqrDNy2vs8-eq7MW-7kJOebSzvfHHywNYrkUM_ooSXj

1 Like

Look at India, protecting their own. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Could be an investable opportunity in the eft called $weat. Minimum investment is $11.64 but if you don’t have it you can buy partial shares.

Naaaa . . . . let’s just complain that those opportunities are open only to the super-secret super-rich.

Yeah, what an odd thing for a country to do :wink:

4 Likes

Good point. I am dumber than a rock when it comes to stock and purchasing them but even that (what you posted) I can understand :wink:

1 Like

What is there to deny? Inflation is high, gas prices are high, stocks are down and everything is kind if a mess right now. Your side gets to take the easy win and say it’s all Biden’s fault. He’s the president and the responsibility falls on him. The reality is it wouldn’t have mattered if Trump won the economy would still be in the same position it is right now.

We are here because of covid and the world reaction to it. You can’t shutdown the world economy for 16 months and not expect consequences.

2 Likes

I have never put in the learning time it would take to become a long term investor directly in commodities, but if you can figure out buy-low and sell-high investors like me can buy a commodity etf.

Some come with some additional risk because they are small and/or very thinly traded but other than that they are pretty straight forward.

Peter Schiff manages one so you can invest in gold via E*Trade, Ameritrade etc…

That’s what etfs were created for. Right now the most heavily invested one is called SQQQ. I don’t have to figure out WHICH call to sell or which put to buy. It shorts the NASDAQ. If the NAS goes down 1% in a day it goes up 3%. Since January 1 the NAS is down about 30% and if you owned SQQQ on Jan 1 you made over 90%.

2 Likes

That’s one is on Trump. Biden tax code changes don’t go into effect until next year

But there isn’t a baby formula shortage in Mexico

But you can however celebrate because it’s under a Democrat and pretend you are not.

Half the posts are giddy with excitement because dems are in power

One can only hope …. That’s all a lot of this drama is.

+1 to FreeAndClear

There is quite a bit of schadenfreude over the state of affairs.

Yeah, I have a ton of booze and cigarettes to barter and I know a guy with an arsenal of guns and not much sense. I’ll be okay.

That’s unfair, they’ve literally been saying America is going to collapse and we deserve it the entire time I’ve been posting here.

2 Likes

All hail Pogo/Spinach

2 Likes

Wow that’s going way back to the housing bubble. I guess you’ve kept your brain cells all these years. (grin)

Maybe you’re asking the wrong questions? For example, we have no masters.

I see no evidence that the left wing media was reporting issues regarding inflation, rising gas prices, and food shortages.

Exactly… this plus Russia’s war.