Are you guys really OK with this?

Absolutely! Because it means that people are hearing directly from POTUS versus the media’s selectively edited, negatively framed, and dishonestly communicated version of what he actually said. Despicable media.

The regulatory State itself has been the biggest impediment to a timely response by the federal government.

Of course the only way to circumvent that it’s doing the thing that Democrats who love the regulatory States hate the worst witch is bypassing the regulatory state in any way shape or form.

Anytime Republicans talk about how cumbersome and unwieldy the regulatory state is and start talking about regulatory reform we have a riot by democrats all over the country and especially in DC.

3 Likes

No you aren’t the recommendations for social distancing quarantine and limiting travel all came originally from the CDC and NIH. It is the esponsibility of Governors to prepare, and enact their own disaster plans and to take those actions.

The federal government has no authority to issue such orders unless there has been a National Emergency declared and the in the governor’s are asking for them to do so.

The federal government cannot take over civilian Affairs without the governor’s asking for an emergency declaration for their city or state or whatever the affected area is.

The purpose of the Federal Emergency Response is to support States not to replace them.

Until those disaster declarations are made by the governor’s the only Authority the federal government has is to advise them and make recommendations and if Congress allows to supply funding through grants.

3 Likes

Which makes the 6 weeks Trump waited to declare a national emergency all that more erroneous. Trump blew it

I have to agree with WR on this one. Governors need to take care of their state, not wait for mother.

4 Likes

That’s what happened. At least with the Democratic ones. Mississippi’s Republican Governor did the exact opposite and rescinded the local measures being put into place

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/mississippi/articles/2020-03-24/mississippi-sets-more-limits-amid-virus-no-stay-home-order

There must be something wrong with me. I’m not seeing what was rescinded.

There were municipalities that enacted Stay at Home orders. The Governor rescinded those orders. I’ll find a better article

Orders? Let’s be realistic here, at best they are requests. But I didn’t see anywhere in that article that he rescinded anything. Am I reading it wrong? It looks like he is promoting social distancing.

2 Likes

Yes they can use their state CDCs to spearhead the response.

Try this article

https://m.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2020/mar/23/governor-rejects-state-lockdown-covid-19-mississip/

Well, that’s the governor of Mississippi, I’m just glad that’s not the governor of NJ. I’m still somewhat getting a mixed message from him. Is he completely ignoring it and saying everyone should go back to work as if everything is normal? Or is it a mix of what many states are doing without a lockdown order? It sounds more like the latter to me. Either way, he’s the governor of the state, he’s responsible.

1 Like

Socratic abyss.

Yes please.

Does thinking make you uncomfortable?

Does it?

It would seem so. I like it. I wonder if it aggravated Chaerephon?

The press is reporting on a pandemic, the likes of which we’ve never seen in any of our lives. Im trying to understand here… do you think they simply shouldn’t report on it in the manner they have? What exactly have they done in their reporting for you to make the claim that “They’ve lost it”?

It’s odd really. Just a couple posts above, you flat out stated with the other posters that you don’t think Trump should be bragging about ratings during a time of crisis like this… and yet you go on and with your typical nonsensical “orangee man baaaaad… amirite?” statements. Did you have a momentary laps of reasoning where you temporarily forgot that by your own admission you have the exact same position of those you’re ridiculing?

As for the media, for months now they’ve been warning the general public about social distancing, the exponential growth factor involved with this virus, etc. At the same time, in the early portion of those months, you had a number of Republican politicians and right-wing pundits downplaying the potential consequences of all of this. Some wore gas masks on the Senate floor, others encouraged constituents to get out and patronize their local bars and restaurants, some called it all a hoax, and some even said it was a manufactured effort to impeach Trump. Fast forward to today. This is the day after Trump extended the shelter-in-place guidelines until April 30th, after finally listening to the real experts in this matter. A few weeks after stating [paraphrasing] “We have 15 cases and pretty soon we’ll have 0”, he is now stating the metric of success will be if we can limit deaths of US citizens to 100-200,000 people. Talk about shifting goals. The point is, now Trump is publicly stating exactly what the media has been stating over the last several weeks. So the question is, if trump is just now catching up to what the media has been reporting over the last several weeks, where have they “lost it”? And has Trump “lost it” by now delivering the same recommendations they’ve been reporting for weeks now?

4 Likes

There are two sides to the same coin. Trump is on one and the media is on the other. What I said about the press being out of control is SPOT ON! They’ve been nothing but a lib mouth piece, part time trolling device for several years now. If you don’t see that, that’s your choice? If you choose to only look at one side, that’s your choice. Looking at both, provides me the balance I need to see the both…more accurately and comprehensively.

The “orange man baaa, baaa, baaad” has been my way of pointing out the sheople who are clearly being manipulated by this same press. They are buying what the media is selling. There are way too many occassions where the correction of their mistakes is on some middle page, where as what they said…that was wrong…was on the front. Now…tell me you’ve not seen more examples of that than at ANY time in your life’s history?

As far as reality goes, I live it and breathe it. Presently I’m attempting to plan my way through the next 60 plus days with just under 50 employees, who I do not want to go to unemployment, do not want their health exposed and all while minimizing the economic damages of this virus and ready to come back strong when this is over. There’s plenty more to go along with all this but I don’t need to go into that here in Hannity Land.

The media has truly become an enemy of the people. You can believe what you want but I’ll stick with what I’m witnessing and know that this is the evidence that supports my conclusion.

You literally answered nothing here.

I’ve clipped the above portion of your response as it is the only thing relevant to what I originally asked. The second sentence states “They are buying what the media is selling.” Let’s dive into this a bit, because it’s exactly what I was attempting to get you to discuss. When you talk about the media, let’s be honest, you’re not referring to all media, mostly CNN/ABS/NBC/NY Times, etc… the “mainstream media”, LMSM, whatever you want to call it is what you’re referring to and likely excludes Fox, Breitbart, etc. Right? Mkay, now for the discussion…

As I pointed out in my last post, the mainstream media (e.g. CNN/ABC,etc.) have been reporting on the potential dire consequences of this virus and citing efforts to keep us healthier/safer from numerous medical experts around the globe. You stated that they’ve “lost it”… the “mainstream” media.

At the same time, you had both the Executive branch and other right-wing news sources downplaying this the entire time. Already listed a handful of examples above, so I’ll spare you other numerous examples, but I think we can agree they were singing a very different tune a couple weeks ago, right?

Still with me? Good…

So yesterday, Trump had his briefing where he’s finally conceded we ain’t going back to work on the beautiful day of Easter, and that he’s instead decided to heed the warnings of his two top health advisors to extend the shelter-in-place guidance until April 30th. Good… I very much applaud his decision here. But, in the briefing yesterday, he basically conceded that those measures that have been reported on for so long are actually what he’s suggesting as guidance now. So again, he’s now adopted the positions that the MSM have been reporting for weeks now. The simple question is, does that mean Trump has “lost it”? If not, why?

And an answer would be appreciated, rather than dancing around the straight-forward question with vague references to an imbalanced media and how you’re spending your time these days. Thanks.

3 Likes