Are whites-only classes a good thing?

And if there’s a black owner or CEO hiring only blacks…?

I don’t care either way since I don’t look at the racial makeup of a company before I decide to work there.

I have friend who is tile setter.

He only hires blacks.

I asked him about it. He said he wanted to teach them a trade and responsibilities.

You know what my first reaction…if you said I thought that was racist you would be correct.

But before I did I thought about it. Then I came to conclusion if I was him I would do the same thing.

It wasn’t racist. He was helping those who need the help the most. Teaching them a trade, work ethics.

But society tell you otherwise.

Yeah, we definitely disagree. You’re not ok with an all-white 10 or 15 man business, but all blacks is cool?

1 Like

It’s the new “have you stopped beating your wife yet”

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. That was his choice and he wasn’t being shamed into hiring them.

Believed it or not that one small discussion and how he explained it shape my views even to this day.

I’ve learned something that was out of normal thinking box.

Seems all to many can’t grasp that concept.

I’m just wonder if it’s OK to hire whites from impoverished rural community?

Would that be different then hiring all blacks from impoverished inner city?

1 Like

Pretty sure you would have to take a class if you did that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah…to be indoctrinated into thinking like THEM.

Diversity is just another word. :wink:

1 Like

If the way I am understanding thisis true, then is getting dumber and dumber.

I figured I spoke to soon.

What person would want to go to one of those classes anyway?

Curiosity, seeing if the ess-jay-double-yoos are nuslike they’re told to be, desire to know if there might still be a difference between how peopleare treated based on skin color, undercover reporting on wthis stuff. It’s nothard to come up with reasons to do so.

Harvard understands diversity. Just ask the Asians.

Of course that’s fine. I don’t think it’s different.

1 Like

Are you black? I recall years ago something indicating you were. This has been bugging me.

Multiracial.

White people have social advantage, the 100 + year social oppression of black people as second class citizen magically just ended one day.

economical privilege exist.
but racial privilege doesn’t exist

is that the point your trying to make?