Are we safer now? that is the question

Trump took out a terrorist responsible for thousands of deaths, including Americans. That dirt bag is 100% deterred from ever doing it again and unlike Obama, Trump will act when America is threatened. The world knows this. We are safer with Sulamani dead.

1 Like

“That dirtbag” is simply an Iranian operative…to be replaced by another Iranian operative. The threat didn’t come from Soleimani. It came from Iran. And that threat has not been deterred.

1 Like

Iran has never shown itself to be anything other than a “rational actor”, geopolitically speaking.

Not a hint of politics being driven by any type of insane apocalyptic death wish.

Seriously, it is like 2003 all over again. Groundhog day.

Agreement to trust the Iranians the same people who it looks like could have just just blew a passenger jet out of the sky and telling the world it didn’t happen, while withholding the black box. Sorry I don’t trust the Mullahs who yell “Death To America” in parliament and the top leaders are Holocaust deniers.

History has shown with NK that throwing money at this type of problem didn’t stop the bomb from getting developed. They already were close before the Obama agreement whixh could have bought some time I am not denying that, but the end goal was always going to be a nuke. Unless you take the word of the Mullahs and believe it was for energy uses.

If you really be that then I guess Trump was right. tried of all the winning yet?

There are differences between NK and Iran which make this type of waiting game a potentially advantageous path to go down.

And the military option is a weak one. I know everyone thinks we’d just blow them away but there are lots of reasons that is unlikely to work.

Iraq was problematic enough. Iran is worse.

I think MICHAEL GOODWIN hit the nail on the head!!!

Trump’s still president, Iran blinked, stocks are soaring – Wrong again, Chicken Littles

This was no win. We angered the Iraqis into voting to kick us out, we strengthened Iranian nationalism and improved their standing in the region.

But I will honor that you were correct and Trump stood down and didn’t order missiles to fly into Tehran thank God. So I am really grateful you were right and I was wrong.

I agree Iran is much worse, also though I don’t believe anything from the Mullahs. The PM of Canada just said their intelligence sources as well shows it was a missile, right after that Iran is denying again. I don’t want war hate the idea but Iran with a bomb is happening unless it’s stopped from either a new regime or from the outside.

I understand less oil on the world market means prices go up. But we are not hostage to nations that hate us if they decide to shut down their oil production. The US now produces enough to supply our need in emergency situations and I believe the government could take control of it in certain situations.

I also don’t see the US being alone in a situation where Iran tried to shut down Hormuz. That would affect everyone including Iran. Do you think Trump wouldn’t quickly take out all of Iran’s oil production capabilities if they did such a thing?

The Mullahs won’t sacrifice themselves but they have no qualms about sacrificing as many of their followers as necessary. Do you believe strapping a bomb on yourself and detonating it in a crowd to kill infidels is rational?

1 Like