Are we safer now? that is the question

I don’t think he made it to the new board.

He’s an Iranian citizen. I haven’t seen him on XBOX in a couple of months now…

In addition, the Joint Plan of Action Agreement (JCPOA) of the nuclear agreement between P5+1 and Iran is crystal clear in stating that Iran should not undertake any ballistic missiles activity “until the date eight years after the JCPOA Adoption Day or until the date on which the IAEA submits a report confirming the Broader Conclusion, whichever is earlier.”

Article is from May 2016, 5 months after JCPOA went into effect. They broke 3 times within that short span.

1 Like

:slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:

Nope.

At least that is what I’ve been told by cons when it comes to domestic matters. Peaceful protests!! No violence!! Stand don’t kneel!

No…they didn’t.

They took advantage of a gray area in the language plus UN resolutions so ballistic missile testing wasn’t covered.

We can debate whether that was a weakness in the overall deal or not, but they didn’t violate the deal by testing ballistic missiles.

Like it or not, the Middle East is a strategic area.

If there was no oil there, we could let those different factions beat the ■■■■ out of one another.

But we can’t.

So we can either try to browbeat with threats of military force and/or sanctions if factions/nations get out of line…or we can practice diplomacy.

Both have their strong points and their limitations.

With Iran…as Donald Trump is finding out…as those before him found out…the economic/military options are VERY limited.

Just like they were with North Korea.

Sheer hubris to think Donald Trump has found a new way forward where other people have been stymied for decades.

And they weren’t stymied because they were “weak appeasers”…that’s another BS excuse people who want to believe they are “tough guys” utter.

They were stymied because for all our might we simply cannot enforce our will in the world.

We simply do not possess the levers necessary to tell Iran “You will do everything we ask…including disarming yourselves”…or else.

1 Like

Partying like it’s 2002, complete with recycled neocon takes. Didn’t take much to bring it out.

2 Likes

Show us on the doll where the orange man hurt you?

2 Likes

If the US ever was serious about reducing tensions with Iran they would start by apologizing for the 1953 coup and installing the shah.

thats what started teh whole thing in the first place

1 Like

That is never mentioned. For many people Iran’s history starts in 79 with the Islamic Revolution and the hostage situation.

And this will be the scary reality of Iran with a bomb, you will have this piss ant country that constantly threatens the U.S. with “Death To America” with a bomb. Even worse unlike NK Iran does attack America interests, personal, and funds very naughty people (The kind of people Santa avoids).

Then take in consideration how much more they will be emboldened with a bomb :bomb:… plus if they get martyred, it’s a one way ticket to paradise with 72 virgins not a bad exit strategy.

If only there was an agreement in place that they were complying with…hmm…

He didn’t make me abandon any pretense at having an intact value system so I’m good.

How could he?

I’m not sure. Let’s ask the GOP how it happened to them.

And not just threatening us, but threatening to wipe Israel off the map too. But you know the lib philosophy- better lots of dead Americans than risking the hurt feelings of terrorists, ( or any other non American for that matter) AMERICA LAST!!

1 Like

Cuz wars in the Middle East have gone so well for us…

If the barbarians would leave us and our allies alone, I’m all for getting entirely out of the middle East. The “Religion of Peace” has been killing every one that disagrees with them since the time of Mohammed. We don’t even need the oil anymore, we produce enough on our own. Reagan spoke the truth when he said you can’t deal with irrational people. Problem is, their religion calls for them to kill all infidels and they get 72 virgins in paradise for killing them. Not safe for them to have nukes to play with.

What’s the difference between Iran and North Korea or China or Russia? They are politically driven, not religious zealots. They may hate us but have enough prudence to care about mutually assured destruction. Iran doesn’t…

1 Like

It looks like Iran actually secretly brokered the agreement with the US to take an off ramp away from war. Trump just had to put up with missiles being fired at US bases with no casualties and thank God he took that option. So I’d say that Iran was actually the more sane one in this. Trump even pissed off GOP senators like Lee because the assassination was so dumb.

We do “need the oil”.

You’ll find that out if the Strait of Hormuz is shut down for any length of time and oil prices skyrocket.