Are Trump supporters willing to tell pollsters the truth?

Whether we can “verify” people have lost their jobs over supporting Trump or not is really beside the point. If people BELIEVE they could lose their jobs, have their house burnt down, be called horrible names all over social media and in person, have people screaming in their faces for wearing a ball cap, the belief is enough to keep from publicly supporting a candidate.
I stated that my coworker believes that Trump supporters are the people who are rioting and looting and burning businesses to make BLM protesters look bad. But I definitely feel like it is not okay for me to acknowledge this topic with him because he is also definitely the type to file complaints against anyone who would prove him wrong or offend his sensitive sensibilities if you know what I mean. Right now we are getting corporate emails regarding BLM and to remember that whether stated or not on social media that we have a code of conduct even though we have the freedom to support whatever politics we like.
As far as the rally numbers last night are concerned, there were big numbers of protests as well as supporters in Tulsa and the All the news Channels very early in the day were talking about it. I would have loved to go , but honestly I did not want to get caught up in something that could have very easily turned violent. I have responsibilities in my life that don’t allow for me to take those kind of risks.

It seems strange to me that a very tenuous belief that there could be a violent confrontation compared with the possibility of contracting COVID-19 would take precedence in deciding whether to attend a political rally.

I’ll be watching Google Analytics as the election gets closer.

If she sued or not wasn’t the point being argued. :woman_shrugging:

What evidence did the OP provide? Let me help you. None. Also, as I stated, that is very weak evidence given the company’s exceptionally strong denial and the legalities I previously quoted.

People make claims all the time as did the woman who was fired. A closer look reveals that her claim is questionable at best. I’m sure there are other examples, but I am not so sure they are any more credible.

it would not be cast as “for supporting Trump”. The snowflakes and habitual victims and aggrieved would go the HR office and say this:

“I really hate to complain. I do my job and make no trouble. But when I go past that man’s desk, I tremble and feel vulnerable and afraid… like I have no control.”

An investigation would ensue and it would be found that the man wears a MAGA hat and hangs it up by his computer every day.

He will be asked to remove it and will say no. He will then be fired for any number of reasons, none of which have the word Trump in the justification.

1 Like

Is that all that seems strange to you about my post?

More suppositions and innuendo. Not saying it can’t happen but c’mon, don’t people ever get tired of making ■■■■ up?

Well this is what libs think or this is what cons think. I’m sick of that bs.

I am from Silicon Valley and I can tell you that when you have as blue a state as California is folks there really don’t care if you are republican and/or conservative. And why do people believe that everyone in the universities is a liberal? I have been associated with multiple universities and I can tell you that there are plenty of conservatives in departments like engineering, math, science and business. I agree with you about the phone deal. I think that more and more folks are paying attention to caller ID’s and if they don’t see a number that they recognize they simply won’t answer it.

Perhaps the sensibilities are different between Aussies and USA citizens. Personally I don’t recall having a discussion with my fellow Aussies where they have felt a need to hide whom they were supporting in an election here. Granted some may express a lack of interest.

With respect to claims that thousands were turned away from Trump’s rally lacks credibility. This is what D Trump tweeted on the 19th June, 2020:

Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!

Subsequent to that tweet, D Trump has not tweeted about thousands being turned away.

I’ve never once heard of someone’s response to a pollster leaking out in public.

Of course it is.

Well… not in so many words.

I don’t answer any calls with unfamiliar numbers. I don’t care to talk to telemarketers or scammers.

More evidence of “shy Trump voters” skewing the poll results:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/06/22/pollster_who_got_it_right_in_2016_michigan_a_dead_heat__143512.html