Are the walls finally closing in on the "fine people" hoax?

Ok, I stand corrected again. Only 96.38 % of BLM gatherings result in violence. I guess that 3.62% that doesn’t result in violence is the justifiable excuse for “good” people to be at those protests, because you have no reasonable expectation or forethought that violence is going to break out.

Sure, plausible deniability… :roll_eyes:

More like 99.75% of BLM protests are peaceful.
You should attend one vs just pretending you know all about it

It’s like there wasn’t a trial or nothing.

1 Like

So called trial

BLM hasn’t been involved in any of the violence. BLM isn’t even a group. It’s a movement. Meanwhile fringe anarchist groups are being labeled as BLM/Antifa by easily led morons who won’t take fifteen minutes to do their own research to find out about groups like PNWYLF. What is PNWYLF? Why they’d be the group of Anarchists responsible for attempting to fire bomb most of the Federal buildings in Portland. They want the police abolished. They also have nothing to do with BLM or Antifa. They’re straight up Anarchists. And the PPB has said that they are giving plenty of warnings for peaceful protestors to leave when these clowns start breaking the law. Then proceed to attack all protestors despite knowing these clowns are involved. They beat reporters. But hey, they’re all accomplices, even if they aren’t the ones throwing rocks and bottles at police or trying to burn down buildings because law and order everyone. It’s not exactly a mystery why the DA is refusing to charge most of the arrests happening. They’re going after the wrong people. Who needs to do real police work when you can just label anyone who is in the crowd as an evil doer and just attack the entire group en masse? Members of the BLM movement have denounced these people multiple times, but it doesn’t seem to matter. Nothing does. Reporting from Portland, the city that was burnt to the ground a few months ago according to several forumites here who have no idea what is really going on.

4 Likes

So, the justice system always gets it right? Everyone in jail deserves to be there?
There’s systemic racism everywhere, but no systemic political bias anywhere in the justice system?

Here is an excerpt from Trump’s official statement on August 14. That was two days after the events in Charlottesville, which was the day before the news conference:

Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our Creator. We are equal under the law. And we are equal under our Constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.

It is very clear to me.

In the news conference, Trump repeated the condemnation of these groups as noted in the OP:

I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists – because they should be condemned totally.

Trump condemned the white supremacists groups repeatedly and unambiguously.

Biden’s fine-people statement is clearly false:
. . .white supremacists descended on Charlottesville with torches in hand and hate in their hearts. Our president said they were “very fine people.”

Even if you assume that only white supremacists attended the rally, Biden’s statement is still false. All that would mean is that Trump was mistaken about who was there. Anyway you look at it, Trump never called the Neo-Nazis fine people.

This fine-people narrative is clearly a hoax that is being used to falsely attack the president and to divide the nation.

None of this changes a word of what you quoted from me because you didn’t even address it.

I do get a kick out of you guys calling me a leftist though. Only place on Earth.

Got a link to back up that 96.38 percentage or did you just pull it out of your backside? Asking for a friend. Considering even the PPB is still saying the majority of protests in downtown are peaceful, I suspect the latter.

I love how you’re here to prove my point.

Saturday: Charlottesville happens. Trump gives statements that fails to condemn Nazis
Sunday: The world jumps on his neck for failing the easiest test a president can possibly have.
Monday: He gives a speech denouncing white nationalists, finally.
Tuesday: during a press conference, Trump argues strenuously that both sides are at fault, explicitly refusing to condemn the neo Nazis again.

1 Like

I prefer to declare it a hoax.

Trump did that thing where people complain, he’s “forced” to give a canned statement, and then he comes out the next day and gets stuff off his chest.

Why can’t others be selective on who they call out? You are

We have three months of violence and riots that have resulted in multiple deaths and massive destruction. There is still no condemnation of BLM and Antifa from Biden.

Instead Biden and Harris are bailing them out of jail:

2 Likes

Meanwhile: total silence about the BLM and Antifa riots from anyone on the left.

Nope, no hypocrisy there…

1 Like

Except it’s not true.

For reference, here is a complete video of the Trump press conference.

The “fine people” quote starts at 18:30 and do not miss the section starting at 19:20 for context:

Am I? Strange.

I didn’t say any such thing. I asked him to holla so I can watch.

Have I selected you for call out?

50 seconds! 50 ■■■■■■■ seconds after! What a Q!

…and yet you just parsed your words.

Yes, and Trump also included a similar condemnation in an official statement the day before:

Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. (See USA Today link in post 127.)

The Democrats seem like someone caught going the wrong way on a street and telling the cop that the sign said “enter”. The quote in context is “do not enter”. Context is everything.

Prager U has a good video from Steve Cortes about context and responsible reporting: