Are the walls finally closing in on the "fine people" hoax?

Except it’s not true.

For reference, here is a complete video of the Trump press conference.

The “fine people” quote starts at 18:30 and do not miss the section starting at 19:20 for context:

Am I? Strange.

I didn’t say any such thing. I asked him to holla so I can watch.

Have I selected you for call out?

50 seconds! 50 ■■■■■■■ seconds after! What a Q!

…and yet you just parsed your words.

Yes, and Trump also included a similar condemnation in an official statement the day before:

Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. (See USA Today link in post 127.)

The Democrats seem like someone caught going the wrong way on a street and telling the cop that the sign said “enter”. The quote in context is “do not enter”. Context is everything.

Prager U has a good video from Steve Cortes about context and responsible reporting:

Then, in typical Trump fashion, he stepped on his messaging with the “both sides” comment.

It is as if Trump was supporting tolerance, free speech, and the right to peacefully assemble.

Them’s fighting words for Democrats . . .

He can support free speech without supporting neo nazis.

He condemned the neo-Nazis in the an official statement the day before and in comments 50 seconds after the fine people quote.

Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. (See USA Today link in post 127.)

I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists – because they should be condemned totally. (See video starting at 19:20 in post 136.)

If only Biden would issue similar statements about Antifa . . .

It was a Neo nazi rally… he can’t just eliminate that part.

Trump was commenting that he supported the right of people to peacefully protest about whether the statues should stay or be removed. Those were the fine people he was talking about.

He specifically denounced the neo-Nazis in the official statement the day before and at the press conference immediately after the fine people quote.

Even if you assume that everyone on one side was a neo-Nazi, it just means that Trump was mistaken about who was actually there. He never called neo-Nazis fine people, and was very specific about condemning them.

See with your own eyes and listen with your own ears, and don’t assume that a talking head on CNN or MSNBC is telling you the full story.

1 Like

Trump’s son-in-law is Jewish. His daughter converted to Judaism. Why would anyone be foolish enough to think that he supports Nazis?

2 Likes

My slave is my baby mama, i am not racist.

Only a glassy-eyed, slack-jawed drooler would think that Trump is racist for doing the First Step Act.

This is the relationship you think Trump has with his daughter?

It amazes me that there are people today who believe that the nazis of today are the nazi of WWII.
My son in law lived next to Germany growing up and he can’t believe that people today try to pass the nazi of today off as the same as the nazi of WWII.

I honestly can’t believe that there are some people who defend blm and antifa. Seems some people like terrorist organizations as long as they support the right political party.

Interesting spin you are posting. They both hate Jews.

That’s a lot of hog wash.