Are the dems about to screw up yet another opportunity?

What republicans? His gay problem isn’t with republicans. It’s with the minorities in his own party. They are not a fan. He will be gone fairly soon anyway. The dems should continue their focus on the welfare of foreign nationals. Without question, they should do this.

Only on foreign policy, she went further to the left during the primary with Bernie.

In a word…leading.

:us:

Election is Trump’s to lose anyhow. Incumbent has such an advantage in presidential.

1 Like

The party that is anti-gay is Republicans.

I would say he has a 75% chance of being re-elected.

The party most likely to publicly smear the other party by calling it anti-gay is Democrat.

:hippopotamus:

If Biden is the nominee, then he has a fighting chance but I’m expecting four more years.

I think it will end up being Elizabeth Warren, personally. Or Kamela Harris.

Oh come on now, have you listened to or watched any right wing radio shows lately? Its all one big public smearing, all day every day.

1 Like

I agree with your OP to an extent.

But here is the problem - some progressive ideas really, honest to god make sense.

ie: i agree, raising their hands on the HC for undocumented persons was a political blunder. But it really does make sense to do it. We are all going to pay for their health care one way or the other - either the most expensive way by treating them in our hospitals, or we could do it in a more affordable way by giving them access to doctors BEFORE they are dangerously ill. It’s WAY CHEAPER FOR US to do that.

But it sounds crazy…I know.

Actually started with Harry Reid and judicial nominees except SCOTUS. Expanded under McConnel, but legislative still left at 60.

With my argument, I’m looking forward and blaming no one. It is inevitable that the legislative 60 vote majority will be removed. I’m predicting DEMs will be the first.

Or they could be deported which is the law since they are here illegally in the first place. Immigration is setting to be the debate for decades to come as more people in the third world want to move to the west.

Poll after poll shows people have sympathy for the so called dreamers, but at the same time overwhelmingly want more border security and less immigration. I would be interested to see from a reputable pollster the percentage of people who are for giving illegals healthcare while at the same time half of the country is scared to go to the dr because of the price.

I thought a good compromise would have been to pave a pathway for the dreamers and a border wall.

1 Like

Except that Reid did it once, in a deal with the Republicans. McConnell is doing things unilaterally. Has that distinction totally vanished in the modern era.

It is interesting that when Democratic pollsters testing priming effects of mentioning different Republicans before providing the same message; Mitch McConnell has a greater impact than Donald Trump. My sense is that people perceive Trump knows what he wants and does not understand what he is doing… McConnell knows what he wants and is doing it deliberately.

Interesting that you a predicting a radical move by Schumer – considering how he tacked moderate on border funding last week.

You forgot to mention reparations in your OP. There is a big push from the left for the 2020 Democratic Nominee to campaign and run on reparations. But as many as about 70% of Americans are against reparations. And if the 2020 Democratic campaigns on reparations, Trump will likely get reelected.

Here is my early prediction for the 2020 Presidential election.

Trump — 274 electoral votes
Democratic Nominee - 264 electoral votes

since the R’s broke the huge taboo and used the nuke for SCOTUS, its only a short trip to legislative reasons.

Allan

No one knows but it does seem the democrats are running for the president of California and not the U.S. my opinion whoever is left standing after the woke contest will try to shift more to the center.

will any of the 274 of the Trump electors become faithless electors (need 6) and throw the whole shebang to the house.

Allan

Most likely with their veep selection. would not be surprised if that person is from a dead red state to appease the moderates.

Allan