Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Gays place love above sex, while homophobes place sex above love.

Jesus would say that gays are closer to his heart than homophobes, and this shows a higher moral sense in Gays.

I am not gay, but hey, like Jesus; I can tell you homophobes that gays (all) still love you, and hope you get closer to love and Jesus someday.

Gayness is nature, not nurture. Nature and the Jesus archetype are showing us how to love more deeply.

This is a Gnostic Christian view and is in full accord with my Mother Goddess, so it must be true.

Regards,
DL

This is a generalization that surely does not apply. You cannot say that any group of people all act in the same way. It’s an unfair generalization. But gays probably are generally better adjusted than their haters.

Well, being that a lot of homophobes themselves tend to be gay, it can sort of be a gray area…

Please define “better adjusted.”

When faced with a woman that committed adultery Jesus told her to go and sin no more. Sin, whether it is hate or sexual sin separates us from God. I guess you could say one groups degree of separation is greater than another’s, but you’re then getting into the whole speck and plank argument and are ignoring the important point.

They are both separated from God.

We are living in a Romans 1:18-32 era. The acceptance of and championing of homosexuality isn’t what that passage is about though, it is about people refusing to retain knowledge of the Lord. The rest is like a canary dying in a mine, it tells you, is a sign that this other thing has already happened in people’s lives. It is a warning sign to repent.

But of those who continue to pat themselves on the back about their tolerance and kindness rather than repent? Well, mere homosexuality is passé now, it’s all transgender too as the culture subsides into madness.

Say wat?

Man on dog is not far behind, and then Santorum will have his vindication. “Who’s laughing now, huh?”

There’s none of it that’s funny. That’s not the laughing you’re referring to anyway.

Wasn’t it not too long ago that some thread hereabout asked what will people do in Heaven? I think those that ask that think not much would be the answer but there’s this idea about the here and now that we can already do what we do to the glory of the Lord so I think that carries over, if increases and not diminishes.

Conversely, the still lost because they are positionally outside of grace can do nothing that glorifies the Lord unless they turn to Christ in repentance (at which point they’re no longer lost). But if they do not, if the nature they have in their resurrection is still that sin nature then that nature must be forever frustrated because we are told that Christ came to destroy the works of the devil and sin is the devil’s only work. So whatever happens, they will be forced to never sin again (in the past I’ve associated the external force with the Fire, the frustration with the Worm), never do anything they might want even if their environment might let them.

That’s something ironic about these kinds of threads, started to seemingly to throw stuff in the faces of believers, it’s that something may yet be said in one of them that will help someone stop just having fun and start having real life … and that will be funny.