Are liberals the only ones with free speech?

I can’t believe that a liberal actually said this. Liberals don’t believe in conversation at all. They believe in shutting down any different opinions.

1 Like

It will just make the shock even greater when Trump wins. Biden will write a book titled “What Happened 2”

Even exit polls will be wrong.

Biden probably can’t even write his name.

do you think he knows what an elephant looks like?

1 Like

I know that his handlers don’t trust him enough to let him speak without their permission.

Trump should hire them.

1 Like

You would miss his witty remarks. :wink:

Now polls aren’t fake?

So no - everyone has free speech, it’s just that “strong liberals” are the only ones comfortable offering their opinions unsolicited.

1 Like

And they are usually drunk in a bar and absolutely insufferable

Anyone offering an unsolicited opinion usually is.

1 Like

Once I was standing in line at the Coney Island Nathan’s to get hot dog and the people behind me were strangers who struck up a conversation that started out pleasant.

By the end of the ten minute wait they were yelling at each other about Palestinians and Israel.

I mean how does that happen?

People stopped listening to the wisdom of Linus from Peanuts:

“There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.”

1 Like

I know that’s what the article says but the graph says different.

FIrst, the 62% number includes libs, cons, and independents.

The 58% of ‘strong liberals’ who feel safe sharing are joined by 48% of ‘liberals’, 36% of moderates, 23% of conservatives, along with 23% of ‘strong conservatives’ who all feel safe sharing.

Well first off you were in New York City generally and Coney Island specifically lol.

1 Like

What’d you guys call it five, ten years ago? “The marketplace of ideas?”

Sounds like the market just doesn’t have demand for your supply like they did during the Dubya and Tea Party eras and you’re super unhappy about it.

What about the poll this thread is about. Do you believe that one?

Do you have any opinions that aren’t blanket statement attacks of regurgitated right wing talking points?

When I was a kid, older people, especially old women, were the arbiters of “civil” speech. Being told “that’s an ugly thing to say”, young ladies don’t use such language", or “mind your tongue” or only “rude little boys talk like that” was not uncommon.

One of my grandmothers was an English teacher, very prim and proper. Always looking for opportunities to correct an errant tongue.

Looking back on it, it was probably necessary. For children.

I guess today’s libs are yesterday’s old women and the children think they can replace English teachers.

1 Like

The correct answer is Brooklyn.

1 Like