Are DEMS Apolitical?

I ran across this Chris Cillizza analysis in CNN (I call it an op-ed). I find it laughable that he believes a LIB SCOTUS would be apolitical.

New revelations about the paper-thin look the FBI took into Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh during his 2018 confirmation fight is a potent reminder that even the nation’s highest court is now infected with partisan politics.

Is that what he believes? The headline says otherwise.

Haha.

Obviously Cillizza isn’t going to come out and explicitly state as much. But when reading the article it becomes very obvious what he is implying.

article: The Kavanaugh news proves it’s impossible to have an apolitical Supreme Court

You: “No he’s really saying the opposite”

Well, I just skimmed it, but the headline clearly states that “it’s impossible to have an apolitical court.” Can you point me to where it implies otherwise?

“the FBI was not, in fact, conducting a full inquiry into allegations of sexual misconduct against Kavanaugh – with outrage.”

…based on this dumb ass’s testimony.

Ford, a California professor, has become the central figure in the circus-like confirmation process of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. Ford claims Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her sometime in the 1980s in suburban Maryland, though she is unsure exactly where or when it happened, and has repeatedly changed the details of her story. Everyone she has named as being at the “gathering” where the assault allegedly happened has denied that the “gathering” ever took place, and this includes Ford’s close friend Leland Ingham Keyser.

Kavanaugh Accuser Co-Authored Study Citing Hypnosis As Way To Retrieve Memories – Pelt The Pundits

The politics surrounding the process of approving a SCOTUS Judge is now shameful and Dems are anything but…“apolitical”.

4 Likes

From the link:

(CNN)New revelations about the paper-thin look the FBI took into Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh during his 2018 confirmation fight is a potent reminder that even the nation’s highest court is now infected with partisan politics.

What the ■■■■ was the FBI supposed to do with a 30 year old allegation that had zero credibility?

He’s strongly suggesting that with the Conservative majority it will be impossible to have an apolitical Supreme Court. He thus implies that if Liberals were in the majority we would be able to have an apolitical Supreme court. If that wasn’t his implication, why write the article at all?? :thinking:

1 Like

Well, had they looked into some of the4500 tips, maybe they would have found some corroboration.

Don’t you Cons all think the FBI is corrupt anyway? Do ya’ll intend to ignore this example because it’s politically inconvenient?

Who knows? But of course the court is political. It always has been.

SCOTUS has never been apolitical, its kinda a broken system.

kind the issue with American politics why I like Parliamentary system more.

Republican just straight up refuse to appoint SCOTUS judge because Obama bad.

Yes, I often think that I might like a parliamentary system better. However, I get hung up on not being able to vote directly (such as it is) for the national leader.

Also, parliaments can be a total disaster, as per Italy.

I just don’t like the President having so much power, and the whole administration branch being unelected cronies.

Yeah, our system is the worst, except for all the others😏

Ya the President appoint people then people like Cruz spend four years refusing to vote on them, pretty much derailing the whole government.

its such a mess.

It didn’t used to be like this. The opposition used to act in good faith.

Seating a President’s cabinet and judges used to mostly be pro forma.

Here’s the catch: the rules that Cruz and McConnell are exploiting are not in the constitution, they are Senate rules and can be changed. So there is some hope.

Canada can be a mess too.
we once had an 45 min long debate over if the word “Fart” was offensive.

Heh. That’s funny. What’d they decide?

1 Like