Are Companies Using Welfare Programs to Keep Their Workers Wages Low?

No its you attempting to put words in my mouth. I’ve been very consistent with my arguments throughout this thread.

No, you really haven’t. Despite repeatedly ignoring when it was pointed out by multiple posters.

Actually the only posters who have done so are you and @Paul_Do. Neither of you have even attempted to engage in the thread discussion, so neither of you are in a position to make that kind of judgement call.

Whatever you say bruh. Seems like we were discussing just fine until someone decided to bring up burger flippers like that had anything to do with what we were talking about. You do you though.

strong text[quote=“peek-a-boo, post:322, topic:239666, full:true”]

Exactly. That’s pretty much all you’ve done in this thread is bash Walmart and recite LW rhetoric.
[/quote]

Let me show your projection in action.

Everything I’ve said about Walmart has been backed up with statistics.

Show me a single thing that is not based in facts I’ve said.

I was referring to responses like when you kept saying that an increase in wages would causes Walmart to increase costs which is con rhetoric that would probably be true in a free market capitalist system, which we are about as far from as possible.

When I pointed out
The reason it does not apply at all in this case is because walmart(or any other parasitic companies) is able to achieve highly competitive pricing and massive profits by using taxpayer resources to subsidize their workforce.

Let’s say that Walmart raises pricing 10% across the board to keep their profits unaffected. So what? Why would removing Walmart unfair completive advantage cause Costco or Walmarts other non parasitic competitors not to raise prices as well? It’s completely illogical. Why would anyone continue shopping at Walmart when prices jump 10% while their competitors remain stable. Since there is no rw rhetoric you can throw out you haven’t responded except to act like I hate Walmart or some nonsense.

It is a perfect example of

Burger flippers is an example of a low skilled job. Very relevant to the discussion. :wink:

You are obsessed with Walmart. What more can I say?

Tribes tend to split after about 250 members or so. That’s the point when leaders can’t quite remember everyone’s name.

Low skilled workers can’t make a business pull from the government trough, which is what we were discussing. Of course I understand why you would toss them in to the conversation to try to change the subject though.

Among other things. We have kind of been all over the map.

I didn’t first mention them, but did respond. Given the twists and turns we have made in this thread, the mention was well within the scope of our discussions.

Maybe we should be asking if a business that has to pull from the government trough to stay in business should even be in business in the first place? Is a Capitalist system supposed to have government propping up businesses on the taxpayers’ dime?

Unless of course we’re cool with gaming the system as long as it’s rich people doing it, then carry on I guess.

In order to respond I would be required to agree with your characterization of government assistance to those in need. I don’t, and have spent a good portion of this thread explaining why.

You are referring to corporate welfare.

From GOOGLE:

Corporate welfare is often used to describe a government’s bestowal of money grants, tax breaks, or other special favorable treatment for corporations.

Not remotely about what we are discussing in this thread. If you want to discuss corporate welfare, feel free to start your own thread.

Why not? Because you say so?

I forgot you’re the sole arbiter of what is and isn’t relevant to the discussion we’re all having. Silly me.

You are welcome to review the discussion in this thread regarding low skilled wages. I’m not about to rehash all of my responses just for you.

“Low skill”

Again… who decides that working at Chipotle is “low skill”?

This thread is about individual responsibility and how the choices one makes affects their ability to earn a decent living.

You are certainly free to begin talking about corporate welfare in this thread, but I doubt you would get much response. You would likely do better in a thread containing that title.

Merely a suggestion. :wink:

How gracious of you. On a public forum. :laughing:

Catchup on the discussion. I’ve already answered that question multiple times.

Why not quote my post :rofl:

Because I’ve done debates for years and from both sides of similar topics I know that there is no way to respond to my post, the only option in this case is ad hominem or admitting defeat( something trumpy would rather flop around like embarrassing :clown_face: than do)

So I’ll take that as a concession that you realized id won

Also I focus on Walmart because cons support of it makes highlighting hypocrisy easy mode.

1 Like