Are Californians unfamiliar with the first ammendment?

:+1:
And that pretty much is the nuts and bolts on the issue of these lockdowns.

That doesn’t seem to register with many on the left advocating an indefinate lockdown.

Fine, just don’t bitch if infections increase.

I have not heard anyone on the left advocate for a indefinite lock down. Just on its face it is a stupid idea.
And certainly I have not heard any democrat or independent politicians advocate for that. If you can send me a link I will stand corrected.

Then you aren’t paying attention to some of your fellow posters.

Dem politicians are never going to admit it either but look at their actions, especially people like Whitmer and Newsom.

Thank you for admitting that no one on the left advocates for an indefinite lockdown.

Well if some of my fellow posters actually said “indefinite lock down” I certainly missed it.
Whitmer and Newsom are easing restrictions. And from what I have seen they both are letting their state health departments determine the extent. We shall see in a couple of weeks if they were right or wrong.
I think that either spikes or lack of will be evident soon.

What he didn’t say, was that prior restraint of any of them was ok.

Newsom said the order has to remain in effect indefinitely.

They are trying to speed up the reopening.

Conceding to the inevitable loss of consent of the governed to maintain the illusion of power.

“Yeah, I meant to do that.”

1 Like

We shall see what happens here.

I personally do not see

and to protect the life and health of their constituents.

in there anywhere. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

By your logic, that would also mean abortion is not an absolute right. If you’re going to respond “but there’s not a victorious case against abortion” well, the courts don’t make the laws.

Same goes for abortion.

Its not.

Yep…

That might be a good thing, it will clear out some of those overcrowded cities. :wink:

1 Like

The only people who could do that are prepers … and we know what the libs think about them. :wink:

I’d much rather that there were more cases of illness than to lose the Constitution. Besides, most of the “victims” will be big city liberals so what does it mater. :stuck_out_tongue: