Are Californians unfamiliar with the first ammendment?

It has just been put out today that Mr Newsom is restricting the right of the people to assemble in protest to 100 persons.

Under the new restrictions, attendance at a protest is limited to 25 percent of the area’s maximum occupancy or capped at 100 attendees, whichever is lower.

They sure don’t know ■■■■ about the 2nd.

3 Likes

There needs to be massive lawsuits against state goverment for violating our rights and civil liberties…and I mean massive lawsuits that totals into hundreds of billions of dollars.

And any abuse of power or police brutality carrying out their tyrannical orders need to face consequences too.

I’m really disappointed in police behavior…some of them really are nothing more then thugs for dictators wannabes.

5 Likes

When cases of Covad are going up. You will be proven wrong.

The first amendment like all the amendments in the USA constitution are not absolute.

1 Like

I’m expecting to see small increase.

July 1st. PPP needs to end, unemployment/gravy train needs to end.

The two issues are not codependent.

1 Like

Who says?

Can you yell “Fire!” in a crowded theater? Can you carry your loaded pistol on your side on a plane?..There are limits.

Heller.

Yes, actually you can. It is not illegal to yell fire in a crowded theater. Freedom of speech, however, does not absolve you of responsibility should your speech cause harm. It is the harm that gets one in trouble, not the speech.

I wish you guys would quit recycling that tired old falsehood.

5 Likes

Heller did not have anything to do with the 1st Amendment.

From wiki.

(2) Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

Rights are not unlimited.

I said 1st Amendment. You do know how to count, don’t you?

You have your opinion on the matter. Here are others.

Sets precedent, rights are not unlimited.

Good job crediting the source.

An excellent point.

Police are supposed to be free thinking Americans first.

Not lockdown storm troopers.

:policewoman:t3:

There are limits then…So we agree…:+1:

“Like all amendments” he said. So yes, that does bring other amendments into the discussion…You do know how to read don’t you?