Archbishop of San Francisco excommunicates Pelosi

What are you talking about? Strong opinions are totally fine. For example, my strong opinion is that I think the bishop is out of line

Agreed.

The bottom line in my opinion is, regardless of whether the Archbishop’s motivation was political or pastoral, excommunication is a patently religious action and thus is off limits to any government scrutiny of any type.

4 Likes

Sure. And if it is overtly political, that dioces should lose their tax exemppt status

And how do you prove that? :smile:

What’s the point? It hasn’t made her a better person up to now?

1 Like

A mere technicality.

The official teachings of the Catholic Church oppose all forms of abortion procedures whose direct purpose is to destroy a zygote, blastocyst, embryo or fetus, since it holds that "human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception.

But you are right, only those who get abortions are in violation of the Canon.

the congress shall make no law

1 Like

Absolutely. I would hope that would be unquestionable.

woman?

It’s about time…the church practice what Pelosi preaches.

Oh cool then all churches’ tax exempt status should be taken away…sure you would agree.

Didn’t Trump further weaken the already toothless Johnson Amendment?

On Sunday, Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s Democratic majority proposed to eliminate “father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister” and all other language deemed insufficiently “gender-inclusive” from House rules. They would be ­replaced with terms like “parent, child, sibling, parent’s sibling” and so on.

Pelosi & Co. are desperate to accommodate an ­aggressive gender ideology that ­insists “man” and “woman” are fuzzy, subjective categories, rather than biological ones.

1 Like

I wish the church would take this stance with any of its members who have voted for the death penalty

3 Likes

That is the upside down reasoning of leftists. -------- Punish the innocent and reward the guilty. One is guilty, one is innocent. It is a mistake to confuse the two.

To say that capital punishment is uncivilized is to say the wisdom of humans is superior to heaven.

The civil government “bears the sword.” The sword was the instrument for killing. It is the earthly agent in avenging infractions of civil law.

1 Like

Canon 1398

Canon 1329§2

Can’t. That would disproportionately affect people of color.

The organization that shielded pedophiles is passing judgment on a member?

LOL.

3 Likes

The Catholic church is opposed to the death penalty