Apple removes Alex Jones and Infowars podcast from iTunes

He went after the parents, accusing them of faking the deaths of their children.

YouTube just banned him too.

i see people around me with infowars b mperstickers on his car (he broadcasts from the far right austin suburbs). whenever i see a car with the sticker I know the driver is a brain dead moron

We obviously do not agree on much so…there’s that.

If you saw the pictures of Robinson prior to entering that prison he was in for just a short time, his whole bodyshape and demeanor depicts what he went through. It’s too bad he isn’t a Canadian citizen, Trudeau would have cut him a check for millions.

Do you think Timothy McVeigh was chipper heading into prison.

If he gets falsely imprisoned and tortured then sure.

All conservatives should be terrified of the big tech censorship of INFOWARS.

I have no love for Alex Jones.
But what will this do for places like Coast to Coast AM, and other UFO and Conspiracy theories in the future on these platforms.
They have deemed Alex Jones Speech Hateful and Harmful will they now equally apply it to groups like Antifa, KKK, Black Panthers, White Supremacy and any other groups?
Yes free market applies to all this , but if these places do not equally remove other content then Alex Jones may have a lawsuit he could win especially if they site his removal based on Hate Speech and Harmful.
If they said look we don’t like Alex Jones so we are removing him from our platforms per our TOS We reserve the right to remove anyone for what ever reason we choose.

But its Alex Jones so no great lost. If you like conspiracy theories of any flavor better people to listen too than him.

Ummm that was a real fear for Tommy Robinson being in Prison since he was beaten up the last time in the Mostly Muslim Prison he was in. If you look at him now and he lost a lot of weight because he was afraid of what they did to his food. Since he was in Solitary confinement. Granted Tommy was paranoid but I suppose he had a reason to be when he was very very vocal about Muslims.

You reap what you sow. Where was all this concern in the acute anal trauma thread?

Found a nice video of her interviewing an “expert” who told us all about how the media controls our minds with subliminal messages.

When she started following people and asking them if 9/11 was an inside job, I’d had enough.

Yep and showed up with a Clinton is a rapist tshirt to interview Hillary.

But to Smyrna that is good journalism.

Of course he was posting videos at the last website that warmed his heart of racists in Italy going to stop refugees fleeing war zones.

So when he voices an Opinion you are ok with him being Beaten Up and possibly murdered because he has an opposing opinion.
So do you believe That The Quarting (Jeramy) at Gen Con this past Thursday got what he deserved by being beaten up because he made a Youtube video question Gen Con’s choice of bring Anita Sarkeesian?

Again you reap what you sow.

You make a spectacle of yourself to draw attention to yourself be ready the consequences.

I’d advise Mr “Robinson” to try to stay out of jail.

Same advice I’d give anyone else.

So in your view then If you have a contrary Opinion then Violence is an acceptable response to having a different opinion of others?
Interesting that left leaning people tend to advocate violence more these days.

We can go round and round, denouncing people who “propagate loathsome, false narratives,” but it’s kookism, not hate speech.

In the article you cited, the prosecution admits they think Jones does not really believe his own propaganda. Is it any different when people on shows like “The View” say nasty hateful things about Republicans, Christians and Conservatives, that are false?

The legal complaint says Jones does not believe the shooting was a hoax, but nevertheless he has repeatedly accused Sandy Hook families of faking their family members’ deaths.

"The Jones defendants concoct elaborate and false paranoia-tinged conspiracy theories because it moves product and they make money," the suit alleges. "Not because they truly believe what they are saying, but rather because it increases profits."

If people and groups making up crazy “false paranoia-tinged conspiracy theories” is hate speech, the people claiming Trump is a traitor who colluded with Russia, are all guilty too.

During the 2016 election campaigns, there were a lot of hateful things said about Trump, and his “deplorable” supporters, which probably incited the mobs of Bernie and Hilary supporters to chase down and beat Trump supporters. Hateful talk that could incite more of those people to violence still goes on today. Should Facebook and Google purge the material posted by those people too?

I’m not defending Jones, he is disgusting for saying those things. I’m worried about where this stuff is heading to. Now we have members of Congress suggesting this purge is crucial to our democracy:

Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., is calling on other tech companies to ban more sites like InfoWars, and says the survival of American democracy depends on it.

“Infowars is the tip of a giant iceberg of hate and lies that uses sites like Facebook and YouTube to tear our nation apart. These companies must do more than take down one website. The survival of our democracy depends on it,” Murphy tweeted Monday.

It’s disgusting, and hurtful, but it’s not hate speech.

I thought the notion to oppose hate speech was because it incites people to violence, or encouraging the hatred for others, not because the things they say hurt peoples feelings.

Having an opinion and being very vocal in it brings certain realities.

If you can’t accept that then kept your opinions off media platforms and just say them to your friends.

Yes and when they Ban something Chris Murphy likes he won’t like that.
The Survival of our Democratic Republic and our Constitution is NOT de-platforming Idiots like Jones. To let him speak out and counter his BS.
But Murphy can’t argue against Jones so he wants to places to silence him.

Annnnnddd…they just drove up his popularity via victim hood. Alex Jones is a kook, but people can choose to listen to him or not. Making his programming inaccessible is the same as making Bill Maher or Keith Olberman’s content inaccessible.

This smells hoaxy. I just went to the App Store and it’s still there.

1 Like