Apple removes Alex Jones and Infowars podcast from iTunes

Some good news for the day :laughing:.

His brand of conspiracy mongering has become a real problem, politically and culturally. If he wants to keep spewing his vomit, let him. But these platforms don’t have to let him do it in their space.

Hopefully other companies will follow suit (Facebook and YT in particular), but i’ll take what I can get.

I’m sure Ted Cruz will be along shortly to tell everyone how unfair this decision is.

You have freedom of speech.

You have no right to a platform.

1 Like

I wasn’t really aware of Jones until his piece on Sandy Hook. That forever closed my ears to anything/everything from his mouth.

I beleive there is but one appropriate response.

Womp Womp.

1 Like

Good. Can’t believe people believe his crap.

I’m surprised some of the posters here aren’t in a tizzy over this, wanting everyone to boycott Apple. Maybe video themselves destroying this iPad or iPhone in protest. Just like they did with their Keurigs,

He’s unequivocally terrible, and he has quite the following.

There are multiple journalists who work under the name of Infowars and a couple, like Millie Weaver are interesting in where they travel to and what they report on.

Infowars doesn’t employ any journalists, Smyrna. That would require doing journalism.

1 Like

I knew you wouldn’t take that well.:sunglasses: She’ll go to different lib protests over Trump and interact with the protestors. She’s polite, well spoken, very fair but approaches her line of questioning from a conservative POV and gets responses that I find very interesting…sorry.

The reaction from the person on the other desk is priceless. :rofl:

I don’t really know who this guy is, or the content of his podcasts. From the article I read, he sounds like a conspiracy kook, but is what he says actually hate speech?

Facebook presumably banned him for hate speech, not for his wacko conspiracy talk:

Later on Monday morning, Facebook announced it was removing four of Jones’ pages for persistently uploading content in breach of the social network’s content guidelines.

But it also said that the reason for removing Jones’ pages was in no way related to concerns over fake news.

What does he say that is hateful?

Nearly everything that comes out his ignorant fat mouth.

I think YouTube should keep him around.

Was he being satirical by saying that Sandy hook was a hoax, or just pushing people’s buttons, or does he truly believe it was a hoax?I agree with you that making statements like, it was a hoax, is enough to ignore the guy.

People say 9/11 was an inside job by Bush and our government. That’s nutso too, but is it hate speech for people to say this type of stuff?

That doesn’t suggest hate speech. But it does suggest that his ■■■■■■■■ and conspiracy nonsense is even too ■■■■■■ up for Facebook. He’s a 9/11 Truther. He has said that a number of incidents, including the Sandy Hook shooting, are merely false flag operations. He believes that the government is using juice boxes to make kids gay. Chemtrails. Bohemian Grove. All sorts of lunacy. Sure he has a right to say stupid stuff. And Apple and Facebook have a right to tell him to go piss off.

Oh, his a 9/11 truther too? Hmm, that’s a lot of silliness for him to just be into pushing peoples buttons, with conspiracy talk.

Sandy hook.

But Jones regularly peddles inflammatory, fabricated theories, including that the 9/11 attacks were an “inside job,” that the Sandy Hook massacre, in which 20 children were killed, was staged by gun-control activists, and that President Obama and Hillary Clinton are “demons” who "smell like sulfur.