Apple removes Alex Jones and Infowars podcast from iTunes

I understood him plainly and it was beyond hateful, hurtful and ugly. I wrote him off right then.

When you suggest that family members of dead 5 year olds are a part of some grand conspiracy, that their kids never actually died, and open these grieving families up to attacks from fringe conservative nuts? I’m not sure if it’s hate speech, but it does absolutely nothing beneficial to society and I am happy to see entities refusing to give it a platform.

I was in line at a Pepboys one day and the person in front of me was preaching Info Wars conspiracies to a teenager working the register. I walked up after his preaching and said to the kid. “Take Everything that guy just told you and toss it in the trash.” The kid laughed and was like… Yeah that guy was of his hinges!

2 Likes

I have followed Jones for years going back to his bohemian grove revelations and a little bit before that. He was always a little off kilter but like you his Sandy Hook crap was too much for me.

What is strange is how InfoWars has in the eyes of many Trump supporters become a legitimate news source. We see more links to Info Wars as source material on this site than ever before and take a look at Breibart. The posters on there are all pro-Info Wars.

During the Bush administration we had some on the far left here linking to Info Wars about 9-11 being an inside job but pretty much all the posters whether liberal or conservative never took them seriously. Now there is definitely a shift among conservatives to give Infowars legitimacy.

As I said in a later post, I wrote of Alex Jones but I do enjoy Millie Weaver who also does articles for Inforwars. Although I know Jones heads it up, the individual journalists still do their own thing.

“Journalists?”

Go query Millenial Millie on Youtube and I’ll stand by your opinion.

Looks like facebook and youtube dropped him as well.

I don’t know - part of me thinks it’s better to keep this sort of thing (meaning Jones’ particular brand of insanity) exposed to the light.

Not a journalist.

“Jones runs a website, Infowars.com, devoted to conspiracy theories and fake news.”

Believing in conspiracy theories is kooky, not hateful. If belief in wacky conspiracy theories was hate speech, most of the politicians and advocates for one crazy theory or another would be kicked off Facebook

That’s projecting a new conspiracy theory of your own. If anything, I would think the more exposure of fringe kook conspiracy theories Infowars gets, the more people will stay clear of it.

This asshat didn’t.

Sandy Hook parents of children murdered that day disagree with you.

“Jones is the chief amplifier for a group that has worked in concert to create and propagate loathsome, false narratives about the Sandy Hook shooting and its victims, and promote their harassment and abuse,” the lawsuit states. There are also six companies named in the suit, including various entities related to Jones’ InfoWars website.

Despicable.

Also named in the suit are two men who plaintiffs say worked on conspiracy videos that Jones showed.
Wolfgang Halbig created conspiracy videos, harassed family members and others in Newtown and ran websites about Sandy Hook, the complaint says, and Cory Sklanka helped him create the videos and run at least one of the websites.
“Children did not die, teachers did not die, on December 14, 2012,” Halbig said on one of Jones’ shows, according to the complaint.
“I mean it’s fake … it’s fake … you’ve got parents acting … it’s just the fakest thing since the three-dollar bill,” Jones said.
Halbig’s website has since been shut down, but included allegations that a father of one of the victims faked her death to “steal money from hard-working Americans,” and another couple lied about having a daughter to make money.

i kind of expect some of the crazies to act that way and many people to support them. there are 30-40yo stay at home moms in my neighborhood who love Trump and all the crazy things he says. i have no doubt that some of them have said things that Jones makes up.

These idiots harassed family members of murdered children, how in the hell is that not spewing hate of any form.

I don’t blame them. Alex Jones is harder to listen to than hip hop. :wink:

Do you condemn Alex Jones and his ilk?

She is just another nutter.

If you like her it is due to hearing the message you already believe is true.

From her Twitter

Deep state is gearing up to steal the seats necessary for the Democrats in the mid-term to impeach Trump on bogus grounds.

Emergency: Tommy Robinson Transferred to Muslim Prison, Facing Certain Death https://www.infowars.com/tommy-robinson-shipped-to-high-security-muslim-prison-to-be-released-to-general-population/ via @realalexjones