Apparently Sen Manchin is demanding all the programs in BBB bill be scored over 10 years

Union coal miners.

With that way of seeing itā€¦Itā€™s not even worth arguing over. You clearly know its not how many that matters, its the percentage of the populationā€¦But then again, prob a good chance you donā€™t know.

No, you data shopped until you found the one that confirms your bias.

The question:

Thereā€™s the switch:

Thereā€™s another one

That isnā€™t honest. @Call_me_Ishmael answered the question that was asked.

3 Likes

Those stats arenā€™t honest?..And the poster was being disingenuous and or deliberately obtuse.

@WuWei ā€¦ 19%-20% of the children. Thats a number as wellā€¦So nice try.

How many children live below the poverty line in West Virginia again?

Itā€™s not just WV. How many of these blue collar working class states that were solid Democrat states are now either Red or swing states today?

Come on now. While it may have been a sloppy way to ask the question, itā€™s impossible to compare large populations with small populations on pure numbers no matter the issue and I wish we had a lot more Senators like Joe Manchin!

He answered the question that was asked.

Yes he did. Just like a politician would. He knew the point the other poster wanted to make and decided to use the question as a gotcha moment. Just like any ā€œgood ā€œ politician would.

Exactlyā€¦

Theyā€™re just posting states that fit their narrative but fact remainā€¦each state gets 2 senators.

Apparently libs think 49 senators should overrule 51. So maybeā€¦just maybe it is libs that donā€™t believe in what theyā€™re preachingā€¦democracy. :wink:

4 Likes

Or maybeā€¦just maybe that NY being one of most lib state in the union isnā€™t doing much better then one of most conservative states when it comes to poverty.

Now stick that in your pipe.

3 Likes

I see it other way aroundā€¦shouldnā€™t be casting first stone.

2 Likes

Something went down between Biden and Manchin.

Manchin claimed it was inexcusable what they did, but would not elaborate.

When top Biden White House officials sought to reach the senator and speak with him directly, they were unsuccessful, according to a senior White House official who spoke with Politico.

ā€œWe tried to head him off,ā€ the aide said, but the senator ā€œrefused to take a call from White House staff.ā€

According to the report, Manchin did not inform Baier beforehand that heā€™d be delivering the stunning statement regarding the legislation, which would establish universal pre-K, renew monthly child tax credit payments to families for another year, and tackle climate change, among other provisions.

This was also discussed on FOX this AM. Interesting.

It sounds like the Democrats didnā€™t know how to read Manchin. He said he could support something that would actually cost under 2 Trillion. He was up front that he didnā€™t support insincere sun setting and other budget gimmicks. He is a US Senator elected by the people of West Virginia, not s Senator elected by the Democratic Party.

4 Likes

Hopefully he switches parties!

Now the democrats are screaming it threatens our democracy!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :+1:

4 Likes

I live near the WV border, get their local news often. Right now I understand that WV is doing better economically than ever, lowest unemployment in history.

3 Likes

They bullied the wrong Democrat at the wrong time.

Thatā€™s the problem with being a bully. There is always someone bigger around the next corner.

1 Like