Apparent Disney policy: Zero tolerance for mental illness

Yes

………………

The odds are that she has “multiple personalities” is exceptionally low.

who would the case be against if it were not against the company that fired her?

There is a certain amount of thinking that should precede a post.

That doesn’t make sense. There was widespread public outrage over Roseanne’s racist nonsense, and it would have damaged ABC’s business. Why would they keep her just because of who she voted for two years ago?

Her contract may have a “morals clause,” however, which are often included in the contracts of television stars, athletes and other prominent figures, demanding a standard of behavior as the face of an enterprise.

“If there is a morals clause in her contract, then breaching that would give the studio a right to terminate her contract, and possibly even sue her for damages for breach of contract,”

They reacted immediately and had no way to yet calculate damage if she was kept just like they have no idea the damage since they didn’t? They could have waited and had some rational dialogue before making such a heavy decision. That’s how good business is done.

This was far from the first time Rosanne Barr made twitter comments that embarrassed the company.

What rational dialogue did we miss out on? The pros and cons of referring to black individuals as apes?

That was wrong and again, it may lead to her dismissal but IMO they reacted too quick and it was politically motivated.

A bit???

I see. So all the homophobic, misogynistic, and xenophobic public statements are also from Disney employees? Maybe you could share some, since there seems to be a wealth of precedent, per you.

I’m not buying this. It’s not hard to calculate the damage such comments can have on a business, and in this case firing her certainly outraged fewer people than keeping her would have.

Then if that is what it takes to satisfy a group, I’m glad I’m not a part of it.

What was it four tweet in one night that she apologized for is too much of a headache for ABC?

Damn half their talking heads should be fired then.

What was too quick about their action? How is there anything political about aversion to racism?

silly you. I already said you would be lucky to find those cases made public. But a team of lawyers can find them.

They rebooted her show knowing her politics, and I don’t know about the subsequent weeks but the premiere was very successful. What makes you think her getting fired for posting racist comments on Twitter was motivated by her politics?

So you just made up that claim based on an assumption?

every post here is based on assumptions… even if those are assumptions as to what the facts are.

She was fired for one tweet in particular. Half of ABC’s “talking heads” say things publicly that are universally denounced as racist? That’s news to me.

That’s feeble.