Antifa. Our common enemy

Then I expect to see no more posts where you brand those that think differently from you as anti-Americans in the future?

Because this kind of thinking is why we have extremists in the first place.

When the debate is “You think differently than me. You’re not just wrong…you’re evil and hate America”…groups like Unite the Right and Antifa are what we get.

So…I can expect a more moderate tone from you going forward?

Not to my knowledge. But there has not been much condemnation either. Just trying to find out where people stand. So far, not many folks coming right out and saying that Antifa is a menace.

Until recently, complaints about insufficient condemnation rarely came from the conservative side of the debate. On the other hand, at that time it was debate rather than swapping insults.

(Yearning for the days when ad hominem was a despised form of argumentation.)

Maybe. But I need something solid to base it on. Give an example on an Altair belief that in your opinion needs to be moderated?

So where do you stand on Antifa?

Didn’t take long for me to find one.

You think comments such as these foster discussion and seeking of common ground?

every citizen have a constitutional right to protest. even people we might disagree with,

I disagree with antifa. But they do have a right to protest.

If they cross the line they should be arrested.

Allan

Look at you, all reasonable and even handed. Filthy lib.

1 Like
  1. Antifa sucks. Violent protesters are douchebags.

2. To the OP, welcome to being part of the problem. Your broad brush is hardly any different than those you supposedly condemn.

well we certainly cant ban them, look at the Westboro Baptists and their “god hates ■■■■” crapola.

They certainly have the right to protest. If the libs own Antifa The cons own WB. Lock, stock and Barrel.

Allan

Trumpsters can’t ever be satisfied without an imaginary boogeyman from the left to vilify. It was OWS, then BLM, now Antifa.

Protest yes, act like violent thugs determined to stomp out opposing view points no.

Laws should be passed forbidding the wearing of those masks and carrying clubs to their “protests”.

No. No there shouldn’t. Using the clubs is a different story. But making laws against some random ■■■■ that some group that you don’t like does is very much a fascist idea so go ahead and think on that for a bit.

That why the constitution clearly states “peaceably assemble”

The rest who decide to be violent and disobey laws should be arrested.

It’s not a protest if people are being surrounded and intimidated by a mob. Setting fires and breaking windows ain’t no protest either. If they were interested in protesting, they would not need to wear masks. Antifa does not believe in anyone’s right to protest. They would shut down any opinion other than their own. That’s what fascists do. Why don’t they take their “protest” to the heart of the beast? The upper middle class burbs. We would love to have them visit for a while! :wink:

Agree. ANTIFA is simply the LIB enforcement arm, when someone steps out of line with LIB doctrine. They can be and are deployed in force at a moments notice.

1 Like

The masks are to conceal identity of them after about 10 of them beat the hell out of some old timer.

They should be banned at such “protests”.

Scared? Need a safe space?

Agreed. If you are too afraid to stand publicly for your principles, then your principles suck. Man up and take off the masks ya wussies!

They are a bunch of hooligans.