Another white texas cop murders a black person

Your a police officer? Really?

Then I don’t know. You might be. I think we both know you’ll be hard pressed to find me defending cops, so why the attitude? Does your sarcasm meter need calibrating?

Check your privilege lib.

Complete and utter bull.

90% of the time callers give the correct address in my experience. 1% have no clue.

1 Like

This one there is no defense of what the cop did.

1 Like

I trained a bunch of them on how to do precisely this. I have planned these ops. I have executed these ops. I have analyzed 100s of cases and developed TTPs for these ops. I understand METT-TC very clearly. I have shot through windows, both inside and out. Annnnnd I have arose in my kerchief and gun to check the clatter at 2:30 in the morning.

You?

We both know I can start posting links to the contrary and in which innocents died. 90%? Thank you. :rofl:

You don’t, which is one of your salutary virtues.

The rest of these dudes were though. Until Authority told them it was murder. Weird.

Also you can’t use that line anymore, you’re a self proclaimed liberal now, remember?

1 Like

How much of that is out there?

What line? Liberal, not lib.

So do we think this “white Texas cop” took the life of this strong woman of color because of race?

Okay Sneaky

Your calling in to check on a house next to yours.

Do you know their address? Probably no. Do you know YOUR address. I sure hope you do. Officer is told your address, then the house to the north/south/east/west of your address (and hopefully a descritpion of the house even if it’s just collar or what exterior is brick/siding/stucko). We have 100% accuracy on the location of what’s going on.

I was called by my neighbor a while back. He was at work, she wasn’t answering her phone. He asked me to do a welfare check.

I armed myself and eased over that way. Garage door open. I can see into the kitchen through the garage. No sign of her.

"Hootie Who?

“I’m in the back!”

“Call your old man!”

Know what I didn’t do? Shoot her through the damn window.

In fact I didn’t look or even walk in front of a window. Know why? Because I’m not a ■■■■■■■ idiot.

Oh yeah, 11 at night. He works shift work and has for about 25 years.

Oh yeah, I had the gun in my hand the whole time, she never saw it.

2 Likes

No you don’t.

Story: There is a park behind the houses across the street from me. One night we were walking our dogs in the park. In the park, right behind the house directly across the street from me, we came across a guy who was fall-down drunk and who staggered to my wife (who was walking ahead of me), but backed off when he saw me and the dogs. He sort of collapsed behind a park bench and stayed there.

We walked home and called 911. We knew our address (of course) but not the address of the house behind which the guy was. We called it in as a welfare check. We made it clear we were NOT calling from the neighbor’s house. We also made it clear that the guy was NOT in the neighbor’s yard, but was in the park by the path.

Sure enough, cops arrived at the neighbor’s house. So yes, the dispatcher knew how to find the house we were using as a point of reference, but then the cops knocked at the neighbor’s door. Neighbors had no idea what was going on. We were sitting on our porch, so we walked over there, let the cops know we placed the call, and that the issue was in the park, not at the house they were knocking at.

I give 911 props for getting the location right, but I deduct points for getting the call wrong. I would give them a B for the call. Cops came quickly. Once they were directed to the right issue, they took care of matters.

And your a cop?

And good on you for going and checking on the neighbor.

Again you had information on what was going on (not answering the phone). You know a history of them (they are your neighbor).

Apparently you had good information.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank you.

No, I’m competent. Are you a cop? Ever go through a door?

I’m not being snarky or jokey. This incident makes me cry. But in the other thread, weren’t you making fun of some of us who questioned why the officers were close enough to the door to see inside, but didn’t just knock or ring the bell? They didn’t have to stand in the door as a target, they could have had a gun in hand, but door open or closed, don’t you just attempt to make contact first?

Maybe I misunderstood, or am misremembering, but didn’t you get kind of snarky and mock us by insinuating the cop should walk up to the door and say “You hoo!”

That’s almost literally what you did in your example above, and all that these two would have had to do.

Thanks sneaks.

1 Like

You misunderstood. I was dead serious. Ring the doorbell. Call out on the car speaker. Call on the phone.

What you don’t do is shoot the homeowner through the window.

“Put your hands up!”

“Go pound sand, this is my house. In fact, get your trespassing ass back out on the street.”

1 Like