Another unarmed good guy takes bad guys gun

Yet that is exactly what happened in this case

Because they are patting the young man on the back for his efforts.

No matter what the police have to say on the subject Shawā€™s motivation that night was based on his assessment of the situation and what he believed the condition of the weapon to be.

Given enough time maybe the shooter could have cleared and/or reloaded the weapon, weā€™ll never know.

What we do know is Shawā€™s account of the events and his own statements as to what he did and why.

You do not know that to be true

No it isnā€™t. Shaw knocked they guy down with a door and jerked the non functioning rifle out of his hands after heā€™d been dazed by the initial blow and knockdown.

Please though, go seek out a mass shooter or armed robber and practice this technique yourself, then come back and tell us about your experience.

Of course I do.

Nothing about what I said was wrong. It was every bit a case of an ordinary unarmed citizen disarming a criminal

Hey, if you really think youā€™re bulletproof, go ahead and try it. Iā€™ll make sure to give you a proper funeral when you fail.

No I donā€™t think Iā€™m bulletproof. Iā€™m not just not enough of a coward to need a gun to feel safe

Congratulationsā€¦you just called everyone in the Military, and every police force cowards.

Need a shovel to keep digging that hole? I got a great one Iā€™ll sell you, guaranteed to dig yourself to China. :rofl:

I did no such thing. There is a big difference between having a gun because of aspects of the job and carrying because you are afraid of a threat that will never materialize

If they actually felt safe, they wouldnā€™t be carrying now would they.

Youā€™re digging quite a nice hole there, donā€™t let me stop you.

I have nothing but respect for our nationā€™s police and soldiers. Not so much for my cousin Tommy carrying because heā€™s insecure

That guyā€™s a whoot.

Of course it was wrong, you had no idea what techniques were being demonstrated or how Shaw had disarmed the shooter that night both of which you made abundantly clear with your post.

IF you ā€œneed a gun to feel safeā€ you probably need to be somewhere else to begin with.

No, no they wouldnā€™t and thatā€™s precisely my point. We live in the safest country in the safest time in history yet there are those in the country running around scared ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  thinking they arenā€™t safe if they arenā€™t armed

Youā€™re projecting. If youā€™re prepared for the worst you have no need to fear it.

Bad things happen to good people every day in places they thought they were safe.

I was referring to police and military, oh he man of courage.

I know, because Iā€™m retired military. And when I was on watch, I never actually felt safe without my sidearm, and it was for good reason.

Same for a cop on duty. If he actually felt safer without his sidearm, he would also leave it in his car, not in his holster.

That hole is getting pretty deepā€¦going to try for China, or are you going to give up before you get there?

Good for you. I however wasnā€™t talking about police and the military

Still trying for China eh?

You need to shut it down. Not everyone is Victor Marx, not everyone has the physical strength, the eye and hand coordination, motor skills, or depth perception to master martial arts like you obviously must have. A Navy Seal said it bestā€¦the best personal self defense bar none, is a handgun concealed.

Donā€™t believe meā€¦see the video for yourself on YouTube.