Another mass shooting - at least 12 dead in CA

I think it is absolutely amazing. The LEO went in by himself, no back up, because he knew people were getting killed. He needed to confront the shooter and by doing so he saved lives. There are bad people in every profession. There are bad teachers who rape their students, there are bad doctors who commit malpractice, there are bad cops who shoot people for no reason, or questionable reasons. But we need to remember for every bad cop…there are probably hundreds if not thousands who run toward the gunfire to try to save lives. The officer who died yesterday, was one of those officers. God bless him and God watch over his wife and son.

5 Likes

Here is a real crazy and sad part of this. There was a group of people in the bar who were also at the los vegas massacre. crazy.

Great post and perhaps people might start to realize that some common sense legisltion that might have prevented the shooter acquiring firearms could mean that the police officer would be alive today.

No system is foolproof but America sure does have more than its fair share of mass shootings.

Its an issue that has to be addressed from a number of different perspectives.

Sheriff Geoff Dean said his department had had several interactions with Long, including a call to his home in April for a complaint of disturbing the peace. Deputies at the time said Long was irate and acting irrationally, Dean said. They called in mental health professionals to evaluate him, and they concluded he did not need to be taken into custody.

If only it was illegal to bring a gun into a bar in California…maybe even make extended magazines illegal in that state.

There is nothing that says that you can’t enact some laws that protect the 2nd amendment and better protect the citizenry of the US from mass shooters like this. I fully support the second amendment always have. I have to believe there is a way to do both. It can no longer be an all of nothing stance.

1 Like

Good post.

What’s your source for this please? I don’t believe it is legal to carry in bars in California. I know it isn’t in Texas.

I could be wrong but I was under the impression off-duty officers are required to carry their firearms in public.

Ah so. I don’t think that is correct, but I’ll wait for further information. I’m not up on the LEO parts of the law because they don’t pertain to me.

The USMC has an excellent marksmanship program. They know how to train fighters.

Most of us older folks went to school and didn’t talk about how to deal with mass shootings. 14 and 15 year old kids probably do that all the time now. When they grow up and take control I’m very curious to see what happens.

Guns are awesome!

The show of support/respect from the public as the officer’s body is being transported to the coroner is a reminder to me that when it comes down to it we’re all on the same side and that we shouldn’t let our differences divide us like they do

Tragedies should unite us not cause us to hate each other even more

1 Like

But the problem with those hundreds if not thousands is that almost all of them will gladly turn their heads and do almost anything to cover for those bad cops.

And no one ever said that bigoted officers are not also capable of performing heroic acts.

All the good cops in the world can’t change the facts that our legal system has serious problems from bottom to top with racial bias and unequal treatment.

Black Lives Matter.

Did that help you address your feelings on this?

lol - no more than your’s did for you bud. :smile:

More guns is the answer! What a safe world it would be if everyone in that bar had been carrying and everyone in every bar was carrying every night. Right? :wink:

Why… shootings would drop to near zero. :rofl:

Nonsense. We just need all those scary gun owners to surrender the rights they enjoy, turn over all their guns and finally placate the insatiable sense of insecurity that plagues those who fixated all their fears on an inanimate object.

We don’t sell hand grenades to the public because we are afraid of those inanimate objects. We do it because we know it’s not a good idea to freely trust people with them out in society.

How many mass murders so far this year with hand grenades?

But you continue to cling to that nice little straw man you like to troll out about how I and others are just afraid of inanimate objects.