Another anti-vaxer dies

Yikes I am 64.

Another sad story.

Allan

Paper carried a story of a 30-year-old man, weight lifter, in great shape, who did two stints on a ventilator and is currently in physical rehab due to a months-long stint with Covid.

Vaccinated? Of course not. Asked about it, “People should do their own research and make informed decisions…”

Uh, how did YOUR research work out for you? Some people cannot admit being wrong about this issue and more broadly, cannot being to realize that they’ve been misinformed by their trusted CEC media…and have been all along.

Will he change his tune?

61 and dead of covid.

Another sad story.

Allan

Another sledge hammer to public health and CDC credibility.

“Nobody can measure 10 feet. It’s inoperable. Society will shut down. So the compromise was around six feet. Now imagine if that detail had leaked out. Everyone would have said this is the White House politically interfering with the CDC’s judgment,” he continued:

> The CDC said 10 feet, it should be 10 feet, but 10 feet was no more right than six feet and ultimately became three feet. But when it became three feet, the basis for the CDC’s decision to ultimately revise it from six to three feet was a study that they had conducted the prior fall. So they changed it in the spring. They had done a study in the fall where they showed that if you have two masked individuals, two people wearing masks, the risk of transmission is reduced 70% with masks if you’re three feet apart. So they said on the basis of that, we can now make a judgment that three feet is an appropriate distance. Which begs the question if they had that study result in the fall? Why didn’t they change the advice in the fall? Why did they wait until the spring?

Those decisions, he added, easily undermine Americans’ confidence in advice from public health officials.

“This is how the whole thing feels arbitrary and not science-based. So we talk about a very careful, science-based process and these anecdotes get exposed, and that’s where Americans start to lose confidence in how the decisions got made,” he added.

What does that have to do with an anti vaxxer death.

Allan

Double arm interval.

1 Like

Champagne break.

1 Like

Credibility matters.

Too many vaccine refusals smell a rat.

Credibility does matter.

Migrants crossing into US at the southern border are not required to be vax but foriegn nationals are required to show proof of vax to enter US.

According to Psaki, that’s different…

3 Likes

Very sad, she left behind 2 children

A nurse’s training didn’t protect her from vaccine misinformation. Now, she’s one of the victims of Covid-19

A guy who went to high school with my wife just had to take his son off of life support. He was 32, got Covid and had no other health issues. The family is anti-vax. It is a shame because it might have been avoided.

My mother had a woman and her daughter as her patients. The family is all anti-vaxx. The woman was admitted to the hospital a couple of weeks ago for COVID-19, and I believe she was briefly put on a ventilator (don’t quote me about being on the ventilator). Her daughter was admitted to the same hospital during her stay.

Her daughter died, while they were both in the hospital. Her husband had to come up and tell her.

Can you imagine the helplessness that woman felt? You couldn’t be there for your child when they were sick, they end up dying, and you couldn’t say goodbye because you yourself are quarantined, and you had to hear it from someone else. I guess at least she didn’t have to hear it from hospital staff.

I sure do hope some more treatment options come out soon, if people don’t want the vaxx.

I’m just sick of it all. Politics is so bad. The virus, the vaccine, abortion, everything. I have been able to get away from it briefly but now you can’t even flip through the news channels without hearing someone ■■■■■■■ something up somewhere and someone else being pissed.

I wonder when it will stop. When people are going to say, “Enough.” And stand their ground and use the 2A for the primary purpose it was built for. Will it be when the govt. goes door to door taking arms? Will it be making martyrs out of political pundits?

Masses of people are already dying due to incompetence of political figures (see Afghanistan). We’re already beyond that point.

When will it end?

That is sad indeed, but there has to come a time when what one wants is not the issue, but what one needs.

Folks need to get vaccinated, I quite frankly have had enough with what they want.

In medicine, we often give people options for treatment. For instance, in Cardiology if you have severe blockages you can either have open heart surgery or you can have stents implanted.

If you only have a single blockage a stent is a better option, but if you have 5 or 6 perhaps bypass is better.

But it is how you PHRASE the options that determine which procedure the patient often takes. If a Cardiologist says “We can send you for bypass where they will gut you like a fish and you will need a month of rehab, or we can just fix you now with a stent and you can go home tomorrow like nothing happened” the patient will choose the stent.

Or the Surgeon can stop by and say that stents will not add years to your life, but bypass will. And you won’t have to keep coming in for touchups. One and done.

The better path is always to be straight with the patient and tell them what they need to hear. One Cardiologist I know, if the patient needed bypass, would simply go up to them at the end of the case and say “You need bypass, I will come to your room later and talk about it”. And then…leave.

People need the vaccine.

3 Likes

It’s always good to take a break and unplug…I know I have had to in the past…I used to be much more “engaged” in the process and debate, I still enjoy it but walking away has always been good for me.

I also stopped torturing myself by cutting off AM radio…I would enjoy it more but it’s 2 minutes of essentially sounds bites and a ton of ads…it’s the ads that finally got me to put it away

TV “opinion” news shows all of them I quit watching those late Obama they have no substance.

My two cents, hang in there

1 Like

Hang in there Torey. I’m sure it’s exhausting day in and day out. :pray:

1 Like

Doesn’t the patient have another choice?

2 Likes

I sure do hope more people get the vax.

2 Likes

Do nothing and likely die younger than they could?