Angry Grandpa to start his term by eliminating 2000 high paying jobs

Gasoline is not being shut down.

How about we both return to the real world.

Not all at once. Is it being reduced? If so, why?
:thinking:

Didnā€™t realize Allanā€™s ancestors founded the country.

I thought mine did! :wink:

1 Like

What part of technical advances growing exponentially is unreal to you?

Kurzweilā€™s The Law of Accelerating Returns

An analysis of the history of technology shows that technological change is exponential, contrary to the common-sense ā€˜intuitive linearā€™ view. So we wonā€™t experience 100 years of progress in the 21st centuryā€”it will be more like 20,000 years of progress (at todayā€™s rate). The ā€˜returns,ā€™ such as chip speed and cost-effectiveness, also increase exponentially. Thereā€™s even exponential growth in the rate of exponential growth. Within a few decades, machine intelligence will surpass human intelligence, leading to the Singularityā€”technological change so rapid and profound it represents a rupture in the fabric of human history. The implications include the merger of biological and nonbiological intelligence, immortal software-based humans, and ultra-high levels of intelligence that expand outward in the universe at the speed of light.

What part of ā€œEnvironmental Justiceā€ do you not understand? The intent of climate legislation is to punish the nation for its sins - thatā€™s why California enjoys brown-outs and the highest gasoline taxes in the nation. I will never take any Democrat seriously on climate change unless they embrace nuclear power.

3 Likes

It is not being ā€œreducedā€

A pipeline that services the Canadian Tar Sands is not going to be built over several watersheds.

it was a terrible idea to have in the first place

Also not rooted in reality.

Kill your radio.

The country was founded in 1619 by racists. It has been evil since the first white Englishman set foot on it.

1 Like

Is there an argument to be made that it would have a been a strategic asset, rather than giving the Chinese Government even more fuel to continue to pollute the globe with no repercussions?

Agree if market driven. But we both know that wonā€™t be the case. :wink:

Itā€™s transporting petroleum from the Canadian Tar Sands.

How is that a US Strategic asset?

You can make it market driven with subsidies and taxes.

1 Like

Oh ok. I stand corrected. Must have been absent that day in history class. :slightly_smiling_face:

Really? Is than an order? What news and opinion sources would you approve of me using? Can you make me a list?
:rofl:

I do.
ā€¦

They are Union Jobsā€¦ you donā€™t

I do.

Now we know where he stands. I really donā€™t like seeing anyone suffer. Liberal compassion does not seem to extend beyond politics.

1 Like

So punish working families that canā€™t afford electric vehicles. Ultimately, every single climate policy is a loss for the general public, but Democratic leadership is never impacted by it. Thatā€™s one reason why income inequality spikes under Democratic run states like California.

1 Like

I am totally pro-union, and for hiking corporate tax rates through the roof. Big business has earned my ire.

I donā€™t believe you.

I donā€™t believe that anyone here cares beyond Climate Change ainā€™t real and suck it libs.

Maybe I can find a meme

1 Like