Angry Grandpa to start his term by eliminating 2000 high paying jobs

A sizeable number of libs clearly hate this country.

I will never be able to figure out why.

3 Likes

One of the 1st questions to Obama was what he thought about being in the Oval Office.

Was it sort of surreal? “reporter” had a silly grin on his face when she asked it. :roll_eyes:

That was about par for 8 years.

1 Like

We all hate the country my ancestors founded.

It’s quite a story.

Allan

Ahhhh… pipeline that literally no one but Canadian tar sands producers and right wing radio wanted is finally put to pasture.

Good.

About time.

1 Like

Don’t forget 10% for the Big Guy!

2 Likes

I know many intelligent, well-educated, otherwise kind leftists that aren’t in a great place in their lives. Most of them didn’t get the career they expected after college, didn’t get the best jobs, and can’t make the connection that life just isn’t a straight path. Choosing degrees that have minimal marketability will do that, and I speak as somebody who did exactly that in my life. Ultimately, the choices are to reorient your reality and make sacrifices, or blame other factors while never actively attempting to make the sacrifices to change course. That isn’t a malady that’s unique to the left either, but the “America is evil” mantra is prevalent on one side only because of it.

Hush!

We’re not supposed to talk about Hunter!
:shushing_face:

Of course they are. Retribution is what they seek. But most of these jobs were union.

2 Likes

I am sure that there were union buggy whip makers also.

What will be the actual reality of Biden’s green energy policy? Will the Democrats permit new solar factories to be built on American soil, or enact more regulations that make profitability impossible so the jobs are created in China? I’m not saying that’s intentional design, but it’s exactly what will happen. We stand to lose trillions just be rejoining the Paris Climate Accords, enabling other nations to profit instead of our citizens.

I am glad you mentioned this! Do you know why buggy whip makers went under? Did the government shut them down? NOPE!

They went under because they had no market for their wares. They were replaced by automobiles. Entirely market driven.

What is replacing gasoline? NOTHING! It’s a thriving market. Guess what? My car doesn’t run on unicorn farts. Maybe we should not shut down gasoline before we have something to replace it with?

Duh?

1 Like

https://joebiden.com/climate-plan/

Its like getting rid of horse carriages in 1750 with the expectation that will lead to the development of the automobile.
Come up with a viable alternative that is better than fossil fuels and their use will dwindle.
As of now, ending fossil fuels will literally result in the death of many millions, if not billions, around the world. Food production would be inadequate for the current and future population.

And given the exponential growth of technology and the slow pace of climate, arguing about fossil fuels killing the planet is roughly analogous to early 19th century Americans arguing how the heck they were going to feed so many horses and where to put all the manure in a few decades when the country had a lot more people.

Now there’s and interesting post!

Shouldn’t the rate go up now? :thinking:

2 Likes

[quote=“zantax, post:34, topic:238090”]

Again Duh.

Maybe we should not shut down gasoline before we have something to replace it with?

Gasoline is not being shut down.

The Keystone pipeline allows the Canadian Tar Sand producers… which is the dirtiest form of petroleum imaginable… to be transported across the US over several watersheds to be sold abroad.

I know that no one here actually gives a ■■■■ about these 2000 jobs. Especially even if they are Union ones. It is a policy that is held because Climate Change ain’t real and suck it lib.

The loss of the Keystone Pipeline is not going to affect your life in any negative way.

1 Like

Yeah,… not interested in arguing about reality.

Maybe we should not shut down gasoline before we have something to replace it with?